By reading our Dimplex electric fireplace manual, you’ll know how to operate your fireplace properly and make use of all the amazing features.
Moreover, to avoid any physical accidents and damage to your unit, carefully read our instructions on unit installation. It is always better to be informed before working on any electronics to avoid mistakes. So, keep scrolling!
Dimplex Electric Fireplace Manual [Installation Guide]
To install a Dimplex electric fireplace, it is best to hire an experienced electrician. Otherwise, the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury caused to a person increases. It is also essential that you read all the instructions in our manual carefully to avoid accidents.
Things You Will Need
To install a Dimplex electric fireplace, you’ll need the following things:
- A 50 AMP/120 V circuit
- A dedicated circuit is required in situations where the fuse regularly blows or the circuit breaker trips when the heater is running.
- Shims to level the fireplace unit if needed.
Site Selection for Fireplace Installation
There are 3 locations in which you can install a Dimplex Electric Fireplace.
- In the place of an existing fireplace
- New wall construction
- Using the Dimplex mantel surround kit or custom-made mantle surround of your choice
How to Supply Power to Your Dimplex Electric Fireplace?
You can supply power to your fireplace by doing any of the following things.
- If there is an outlet near the fireplace, you can lead the power cord from behind the fireplace trim, along the wall to that outlet.
- You can also install a new power outlet where the new frame is constructed.
- If you are installing the fireplace into a mantel, you can lead the power cord from behind the mantel, along the wall to a nearby power outlet.
3 Ways to Install Your Dimplex Electric Fireplace
We’ll divide this section into three. That is because the process is different for installing the fireplace at the three locations you can choose from. Here are the instructions that will guide you in installing a Dimplex electric fireplace.
Existing Fireplace Installation
- Use non-fibrous insulation materials to seal all drafts and vents. This will prevent any debris from your chimney from falling into the fireplace insert.
- It is dangerous to install your new Dimplex electric fireplace into a leaky or damp existing fireplace.
- To prevent rain from entering, cap the top of the chimney flue.
- Choose any one of the electrical power supply plans we mentioned earlier. You can also run the power cord along the front of the hearth to a nearby power outlet.
New Wall Construction Installation
- Choose a suitable location for your new fireplace. Make sure that the location isn’t prone to moisture. Avoid choosing places that are close to drapes, furniture, or where your family walks around frequently.
- To check how the fireplace looks, position it in your chosen location.
- Now, mark your chosen location.
- Store your new fireplace in a place that is safe, dry, and free from dust.
- Using studs, frame a 24″ wide X 23 ¼” high X 11 ½” deep opening.
Mantel Surround Installation
- Select a perfect place.
- To make the installation process easier, you can choose a location close to a power outlet in your house.
- While you work on the mantel, keep the electric fireplace in a safe, dry, and dust-free location.
- If you are using the Dimplex mantel surround kit, assemble it.
- If you are constructing a custom mantel surround, make sure it has an opening that is 24″ wide X 23 ¼” high X 11 ½” deep.
How to Install Dimplex Electric Fireplace Insert
Here are the instructions that you’ll need to follow while installing your fireplace insert.
- The unit has a MAIN ON/OFF switch. Make sure it is turned off.
- Now, plug the unit into a 15 AMP/120 V power outlet. If the power cord is too short you can use an extension cord. Ensure that the extension cord is rated for a minimum of 1875 watts.
- Without damaging the base of the mantel or cabinet, push the fireplace into the opening. Make sure that the fireplace is flush with the mantel or cabinet.
- You can use shims to level the unit if needed. However, shims aren’t provided with the fireplace unit. You’ll have to get them.
You will get a thermostat when buying your Dimplex electric fireplace. You need to install it. Here it’s advisable to complete the installation by a professional electrician to avoid accidents. You can also install but before that you know the thermostat installation guide and have the skill of an electrician. Care should be taken to ensure that the wires used and the installation of the thermostat is compliant with the Local and National Electrical Codes.
Dimplex Fireplace Remote Setting
To run you fireplace, you need to set up your remote control. First you should have two AAA batteries. Then open the battery cover behind the remote control and install the battery. Then initialize the remote with your fireplace.
Now you are ready to use your remote control. Here if you don’t know how to how to operate the remote control, then you can read our simple remote control operation guide.
Dimplex Electric Fireplace Maintenance Guide
After using a Dimplex fireplace for a while, the front glass of your fireplace can become dirty with dust, handprints, and other marks. You may also need to address other maintenance issues.
In this section, we’ll instruct you on how to maintain your fireplace so that it remains as good as new.
Light Bulb Replacement
After using the fireplace unit for a while, a dark portion may appear on the flame. That is because the two bulbs placed under the log set may need replacement. These bulbs are placed to generate embers and flames.
The bulbs that go into your fireplace are either clear chandelier or candelabra bulbs. Make sure the bulbs have an E-12 socket base and a rating of 60 watts.
Follow these instructions to replace the light bulbs in your fireplace. You’ll only need a screwdriver and two bulbs for this task.
- Remember to disconnect the power before beginning any cleaning or maintenance work on your unit.
- You’ll need to remove the front glass. Two outer screws hold the glass clips in place. Unscrew them.
- Now, to remove the log grate, take out the two mounting screws.
- To remove the log set, lift it straight up.
- The next step is to slide the light assembly out of the insert by an inch.
- You’ll need to examine the bulb or bulbs that need replacing.
- Twist the bulb/bulbs counterclockwise to unscrew them.
- Install the new bulb/bulbs.
- Replace the log set in its place.
- Reinstall the log grate and the front glass.
Cleaning Different Components
Your unit can get dirty after a while. To clean the glass you should keep the following things in mind-
- You can remove dust particles from the glass by buffing it lightly with a clean dry cloth.
- You’ll need to use a cloth dampened with a good-quality household glass cleaner to remove fingerprints and other marks. You shouldn’t use abrasive cleaners or spray any liquid directly on the glass surface.
- To clean painted surfaces, only use warm water. Don’t spray the water onto any surface, use a damp cloth to wipe them clean.
Dimplex Electric Fireplace Troubleshooting
Dimplex fireplaces are the best in the market. They are also quite expensive which can make it quite worrisome when you face issues running your fireplace.
Hearing back from the Dimplex customer service can take a long time. Especially, if your issue isn’t a high priority.
Here reading our ultimate Dimplex electric fireplace troubleshooting guide will save your time and money. We’ve included the solutions to the issues that users most commonly face. We can declare, with the help of our guide, you can solve most of the issues on your own without taking any professional help.
Can you roast marshmallows on electric fireplace?
Electric fireplaces don’t have real flames. Sadly, you can not roast marshmallows on them.
Are electric fireplaces noisy?
They are generally quiet. When your fireplace heater is on, the blower fan also turns on. Blowers make noise while running but the level of noise depends on the brand you’re using. Many brands specifically manufacture quieter blower models. They usually cost a bit more and are of better quality. Overall, an electric fireplace is quieter than an average gas fireplace.
Do any electric fireplaces look real?
Yes, by using holographic technology the artificial flames of an electric fireplace appears real.
Is an electric fireplace better than gas?
Electric fireplaces are comparatively energy-efficient. If energy efficiency and cost are a high priority for you, then an electric fireplace is better than gas.
How far off the floor should an electric fireplace be?
Ans: It is best to keep the electric fireplace 40-42” above ground. In a seated position, the optical illusion will work best at that height.
Hopefully, with the help of our instructions, you can install your electric fireplace safely. Dimplex fireplaces come with a lot of features, which can make their operation a little complicated. But now you can relax as you know how to run the fireplace properly.
If you have any queries, leave us a comment and we’ll try our best to help you out.