You are passionate to enjoy an aerial bonfire night with your friends or family members sitting around your copper fire pit smoker. Plus, to make that night ever memorable, you have a strong desire to enjoy a marvelous BBQ party.
But the thing that is worrying you most is the hassle of cleaning your copper fire pit after the party. Am I right?
Don’t worry. Here we have a few simple TRICKS and TIPS for you on how to clean copper fire pits effortlessly. The tricks and tips will make your copper outdoor fire pit cleaning so easy that will be simply beyond your imagination.
Also, our ultimate guide will let you learn how to keep your fire pit from rusting and super shiny. And surprisingly, the fire pit cleaning materials are known to you, and never ask for your extra time. So, go on reading our guide if you are keen to learn.
Table of Contents
- What Is A Fire Pit?
- Method 1: How To Clean Copper Fire Pit
- Method 2:Cleaning Copper Fire Pit Bowl with Natural Ingredients
- How To Clean A Fire Pit With Lava Rocks?
- List Of The Fire Pit Cleaning Tools
- How To Clean Metal Fire Pit
- How To Keep Fire Pit From Rusting
- How do you clean badly tarnished copper?
- How do you make copper shiny again?
- Is copper good for a fire pit?
- Do copper fire pits turn black?
- Should I clean my outdoor fire pit?
- Should I put sand in my metal fire pit?
- How many types of fire pits are there?
- Which material fire pit is best?
- Is a masonry fire pit good to use?
- Final Thought
What Is A Fire Pit?
A fire pit is where family members or friends, or neighbors gather together to enjoy the cool nights. They are also doing grill and barbeque. In the market, there are many types of fire pits available. Though, it would be great if the pit is a copper fire pit. Do you know why?
Copper is a natural heat conductor. So, it naturally controls the heat of the cooking. That’s why copper fire pits become more popular day by day.
Not only that, but they also have unique designs for outdoor decoration. It enhances your backyard function and looks elegant. They are easy to move and clean.
Some natural kitchen materials are used for cleaning. First, we will discuss the process of cleaning a copper fire pit. After that, we will know about the materials and how to use them. Okay?
Method 1: How To Clean Copper Fire Pit
Now, let’s get to the point of how you can clean the pits. Here are the solutions below:
Step 1: Clear Pits
First, you need to empty the pits of any charcoal pieces and dirt. Use any dry cloth or paper towel to clean the inside of the whole copper pit.
Step 2: Know The Copper Nature
Read the manual thoroughly and identify the nature of the copper. If the pit is with a lacquered copper layer or untreated.
Step 3: The Pit with Lacquer
These types of pits are easy to clean. Use soap and water and gently wipe the inside. Look, it’s shining. Remember, don’t use scrubbers, or no need to polish. It may damage the lacquer.
Step 4: Untreated Copper
Cleaning solutions are the best cleaner for untreated copper fire pits. It costs you a little bit. Well, you have other options too. Any acidic food item will help you to clean the pits. Like, tomato paste, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, etc. We will discuss them later.
Step 5: Cleaning A Copper Fire Pit
Take a paper towel or any soft cloth for cleaning. Rub gently any of the solutions you have on the copper bowl in a circular motion until it gets its real color.
Step 6: Rinse It
After rubbing the fire pit, rinse it thoroughly and wipe it with a dry cloth. Please don’t leave it wet because wet copper may form a blue patina on the pit’s surface.
Use chamois cloth for polishing the surface to get the real shine of the copper finish. If the blue-green patina covers the copper fire pit surface, you can remove them with a cloth, fork, or even with your hands.
Method 2:Cleaning Copper Fire Pit Bowl with Natural Ingredients
You have already learned the regular methods of cleaning copper fire pit bowls. Now, We will tell you all about the natural ingredients that you need to clean the untreated copper fire pit and make it shiny.
To keep the copper fire pit shiny, you can use your kitchen materials. Such as vinegar, salt, flour, baking soda, lemon juice, and tomato ketchup. Follow the methods below on how to preserve the look of copper and keep it always bright and shiny…
1. Vinegar and Salt Together
Mix the same amount of vinegar salt (1:1) dissolved into the 3 cups of water. Rub the fire pit with this solution gently until the original copper color is back. Rinse it off and dry it fully.
2. Vinegar, Salt, and Flour
Take the same amount of salt and flour(¼:¼ ) and mix them well. Add some vinegar to make it a thick paste. Scrub the pit surface with the paste with a soft cloth. When the shiny looks available on there, then clean it with warm water and dry it properly.
3. Baking Soda and Lemon Juice/Vinegar
There is another useful method to keep copper fit and shiny. Baking soda and lemon juice/vinegar mixing is a powerful solution for cleaning a copper fire pit bowl.
Take them in equal quantities and mix them well. Apply it to the surface and buff it with a cloth. Then rinse the copper and dry it.
3. Lemon & Salt
It’s a very easy process. Cut off the lemon into two pieces. Use half one with table salt to rub the copper fire pit in a circular motion.
After some time, you can see that copper becomes glowing slowly. Keep the rubbing for a while. Then wash it and wipe it with a dry cloth.
4. Tomato Ketchup
Surprising, isn’t it? We are familiar with using ketchup in our food like burgers, pizza, and many more. There is another use for it though. Take a small amount of ketchup on the damp cloth and rub it gently onto the .. Do this until the original color has come to the
Wipe the ketchup with a cloth or you can directly wash it and then dry it.
This is how to keep the fire pit shiny. You can use any of the above methods to get your copper fire pit shiny and clean. Also, you can follow the above steps to shine your copper table.
How To Clean A Fire Pit With Lava Rocks?
To keep the fire pit quick and effective working, it’s necessary to clean out the complete unit properly. For that, you have to follow the proper procedures to clean your fire pit with lava rocks. Here we have included all that:
- Before starting, make sure that the fire pit is completely cool.
- Then, remove the rock carefully from the basin.
- Now, clean the rock by rinsing them with cold water.
- Leave them in an open place to dry out.
- Remove all the ashes, sand, and debris from the inside of the pit. You may use a shovel and trowel for this.
- After that, scrub the interior and the exterior of the fire pit with a brush.
- Now, rinse the pit thoroughly with enough water. Here you can use soapy water and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Leave the fire pit for hours to dry out well.
- Make sure that the fire is properly dry before the next use.
List Of The Fire Pit Cleaning Tools
Before going through the cleaning procedures of the fire pit, you have to collect the cleaning tools first. Make sure that you are buying quality products that will properly clean the fire pit.
Have a look at our suggested list that will help you to choose the right products.
- First of all, you will need a shovel to remove the ashes from the fire pit. You may choose Panacea Ash Bucket with Shovel. Here, you are getting a complete package of shovels with an ash bucket as well.
- Then, collect a cleaning brush. Unger Professional HydroPower Bi-Level Scrub Brush Head is best for professional cleaning. Or, you may buy Aboniris Coal Shovel and Hearth Brush Set.
- Now, you will need a grease-fighting detergent for a good cleaning. In the market, there are various washing powders available. But a strong one will give better results. Here you can pick Dawn Original Liquid Dishwashing.
How To Clean Metal Fire Pit
If your metal fire pit is copper then you can wash it with soap and water. Or else, you can use some common ingredients such as vinegar, salt, tomato sauce, etc to clean the metal. Make sure to dry the metal after applying any methods.
How To Keep Fire Pit From Rusting
Do you have any idea about rust? Water, oxygen, and metal get together and form oxidation or rust. After using a few years, your copper fire pit got rusted.
We can assume that your fire pit is placed outdoors. So, it gets water and oxygen from the air and forms rust. Now, we have some effective tips for you to get rid of the rust fire pit. Here, you go….
- Rainwater is responsible for rusting. So, be aware of the weather before the barbeque plan.
- After the party is over, let the pit cool down. Then clean it properly.
- Cover the fire pit with a waterproof tent or .
- If you have planned not to use the pit for a long time, then brush a light coat of any food oil all over the copper pit.
- Also, it is applicable if you are living in a high-humidity area. It prevents rusting.
- Check the pit before the day to use. If there’s anything to fix, do it then.
- If possible, keep or store the copper fire pit under the shade, or in the ground.
- Use well-seasoned firewood to stop draining tree sap. Which is one of the causes of a rust fire pit.
How do you clean badly tarnished copper?
Use lemon juice and table salt to remove the tarnish from the copper. Dissolves the salt in the lemon juice. Wipe the copper with the solution with a soft cloth. Then, wash and dry the copper.
How do you make copper shiny again?
Use any natural ingredients like vinegar, salt, ketchup, or baking soda. Rub the copper with any of the mixings. Wipe it gently, and wash and dry it thoroughly.
Is copper good for a fire pit?
Yes, copper fire pits make the heat well. It’s durable and reduces corrosion.
Do copper fire pits turn black?
Yes, for exposure to heat during use the copper fire pits may turn black.
Should I clean my outdoor fire pit?
Yes, of course. Your smoker needs to be cleaned from time to time. Otherwise, it turns old and rusty and may cause harm to health. Even, a will get damaged gradually.
Should I put sand in my metal fire pit?
It will be better if you put sand on the bottom of the pit. It can prevent the fire pit from high heat and rust.
How many types of fire pits are there?
There are 4 types of fire pits available in the market. They are:
- Gel fuel
Before buying your fire pit, definitely, you should learn all about the fire pits in detail so that you are not buying the wrong one.
Which material fire pit is best?
, cast iron fire pits, and stainless steel fire pits are the best materials for s and they are durable.
Is a masonry fire pit good to use?
Yes, a well-built is good and safe to use. And it will stay in your for a long time.
Cleaning a copper fire pit isn’t a difficult task to do. But you have to remember the cautions as well.
Follow the steps we have mentioned above in the “how to clean copper fire pit” part. We are very much sure that you can easily do this by yourself and get your copper fire pit clean and shiny like a new one.
So, relax and enjoy your bonfire night!