Most Traeger pellet grill users have a query on “how do I get more smoke from my Traeger 575 Pro?” To think about this, we are here bringing this well-proven guide.
While cooking on a Traeger grill, you can add more smoky flavor just lowering the grill temperature, using quality pellets, or installing a smoker tube.
However, go on reading. We will tell you all these effective tips in detail.
Table of Contents
- How Do I Get More Smoke From My Traeger 575 Pro [3 Easy Tips]
- 1. Turn Down the Temperature
- 2. Use Quality Wood Pellets
- 3. Install Smoker Tube
- How To Use A Smoke Tube On A Pellet Grill
- Does Traeger Pro 575 Have a Smoke Setting?
- Which Traeger Grills Have Super Smoke Mode?
- Can we grill quickly on a Traeger?
- Summing It Up
How Do I Get More Smoke From My Traeger 575 Pro [3 Easy Tips]
Go through the below suggested each of the steps to regain more smokiness out of your Traeger 575 pro:
Note: You can also read how to Traeger smoke setting.
1. Turn Down the Temperature
In Traeger 575 Pro, you will not find a super smoke mode setting. But, while grilling, if you desire more smoke on your pellet grill smoker, lowering the temperature and slowing down the smoking procedures will be highly effective.
When you reduce your cooking temperature, you will be able to extend the cooking time. Thus it will assist in building up more smoke than normal.
Basically, if your turn down the temperature by about 25-50 degrees Fahrenheit, it will prolong the cooking time by about 30-45 minutes.
Set the temperature between 170-180 or below 200 to get more smoke. By this, there will build up and emit a huge amount of smoke that enhances the smoky flavor of the meat.
In short, by turning down the temperature to a low level and extending the cooking period, you will easily be able to boost up the rich and flavorful smoke from your grill rather than a quick and high temperature.
Besides enhancing smoke, this is one of the finest ways to soften the meat and not dry it out. Apart from this, it helps to retain food’s juiciness at a maximum level.
2. Use Quality Wood Pellets
Changing your regular fuel and using some quality pellets will prove well when you want a quick solution.
That may seem surprising to you, but it is a fact that pellets play a great role in the amount of produced smoke while grilling. Various types of pellets provide different results.
Some of the low-quality pellets create a very light smoke that fails to provide a complete smoky flavor to the food. Normally, almost all the grill manufacturers suggest using their own-brand pellets with the grill.
But it is not necessary, especially while you are trying to build up more smoke from your grill.
Anyway, it is time to switch the fuel with quality ones. Now, obviously, you will need some wood pellets that provide a more intense, smokier flavor.
In the market, you will find pellets from several brands. Many of them are produced from high-density wood, and also some of them are from less dense. Pellets from less dense won’t produce heavier smoke.
Don’t worry. Go through the suggested list below, where you will find some of the finest wood pellets brands that will assist you in choosing any quality one from there.
- Traeger Grills PEL319 Hickory 100% All-Natural Hardwood Pellets: These wood pellets are made from 100% natural hickory. Also, this pellet will easily provide a strong, smoky flavor.
- BBQr’s Delight Wood Smoking Pellets: These wood pellets will easily work with any type of grill or smoker and produce strong smoke.
- CookinPellets 40 lb. Bag of Premium Hickory Wood Pellets: Made from 100% natural hickory and produce heavy smoke while grilling.
- Louisiana Grills Pennsylvania Cherry 40 LB Grilling Pellets: It is also a premium quality pellet from the Louisiana brand, which provides a strong, smoky flavor.
3. Install Smoker Tube
If you don’t want to swap your current pellets, there has an alternative way to produce more smoke from the pellet grill. You can install a smoker tube that helps to generate greater amounts of smoke.
Mainly, the smoker tube is a gadget that is manufactured from 304 stainless steel contraption and is cylinder-shaped. Thus, it is more stable and durable.
Most importantly, the gadget is fairly cheap to buy, and you can conveniently add it to your Traeger.
These types of tubes hold the wood in a compact space. By holding the wood pellets tightly together in that compact space, there produces a huge amount of smoke.
There feature some holes in the tube that slowly allow airflow along all sides of the pellet grill. Also, you can easily control the flow of the smokiness. Learn some other benefits of using a smoker tube below:
- Grilling using a smoker tube enhances the cooking time for about 5 to 6 hours as it burns the wood very slowly and gradually.
- Smoker tubes can be used with any type of wood pellets, including hickory, oak, apple, pecan, and many more. Thus boosting the food taste will make it easier for you.
- If you desire cold and hot smoke in one place, then go through these types of smoker tubes. By generating cold and hot smoke, it adds an excellent flavor to the food.
- It is designed for producing long-lasting smoke output. Thus, you will not need to keep refueling again and again.
- Smoker tube is inexpensive and manufactured for build to last. So, just cleaning it, you can use it for a long time.
How To Use A Smoke Tube On A Pellet Grill
- Before using the smoker tube, make sure it is properly clean and dry
- Now place the wood place inside of the tube and fill it below 1 to 2 inches
- Then, assemble the tube on the grill grates.
- After that, light one side of the pellets and let the flame burnt and stable for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Blow out the flame after that while. When the smoke starts to fill the cooking chamber with a steady flow of clean smoke, place food on the grill grates.
- While grilling, you will find a strong smoky flavor in your food.
Does Traeger Pro 575 Have a Smoke Setting?
Like other Trager models, Pro 575 has not any smoke settings. Thus it is tough to control the heat at a low temperature for an extended period. But if anyone wants to produce more smoke, you need to either install a smoker tube or by using high-quality pellets.
Which Traeger Grills Have Super Smoke Mode?
Traeger grills are highly known for cooking with a superb delicious smoky flavor. Some of the models allow for the super smoke mode to add 100% hardwood smoky flavor to food. Here is a list of Traeger grills available with super smoke mode:
- Ironwood 650
- Ironwood 885
- Timberline 850
- Timberline 1300
- Silverton 810
Can we grill quickly on a Traeger?
Yes, cooking and grilling on Trager can be done more quickly only when you can adjust the temperature at that level. Basically, Traeger needs up to 450°F to cook food in a shorter time span.
Summing It Up
Throughout this discussion, we have given all effective methods to get more smoke out of a Traeger 575 pro grill. Hopefully, from today, you can easily apply all the tips to produce additional smoke from Trager by following our guide.
Still, if you have any queries and need to ask us, don’t hesitate to let us know through comments. Our expert is always ready for you.