You already know how an Intermatic water heater timer can bring super convenience. But do you know how to use it properly?
If you don’t know, there is nothing to worry about because this article is all about the Intermatic water heater timer instructions. Here you will get to know,
- Instructions for Intermatic Water Heater Timer Installation
- Instructions for Intermatic Water Heater Timer Usage
- Instructions for Intermatic Water Heater Timer Reset
The best thing about these instructions is that they are compatible with different Intermatic water heater timers such as T101, TM087, and DT620.
So let’s get started.
Intermatic Water Heater Timer Instructions [ Installation Guide]
Installing an Intermatic water heater timer is nothing difficult. But it can be complicated if you don’t know the proper way. Here’s how to do it simply and effectively:
Step 1: Firstly, you have to disconnect the light switch. This will make the device safe to work with. Then simply remove the wall plate attached to it.
Step 2: Now connect the red timer wire to the fixture wire. Use a wire connector to do so.
Step 3: You have to connect the black timer wire to the “Hot” wire of the junction. Use wire connector here as well.
Step 4: Take a wire cutter and cut the white wire in the junction box. You have to strip ½” of insulation as well. Strip both the black and white wires.
Step 5: It’s time for working with the timer. Connect the white timer wire to the white wires of the junction box. Use the wire connector here as well. In the case of separate grounding conductors connected to the green screw on the switch, you have to connect the white wire to the green wire.
Step 6: Check and make sure all the wiring is perfectly set before placing them in the junction box.
Step 7: Finish the task by fitting the timer into the junction box. You will need 2 mounting screws to place it there.
And now you are done. Reconnect the power supply and see if everything is working properly. If you followed all the steps accordingly, nothing should go wrong.
Intermatic Water Heater Timer Functioning Instructions
There are actually a couple of different sections when it comes to using the Intermatic water heater timer. If you want to properly use the heater timer, you have to know how to,
- Set the clock
- Set the programs
- Use the time switch
- Reset the timer
Here’s how to perform each task appropriately:
Setting The Clock:
To set the clock, you have to,
- Press the CLOCK button and hold on to it till the next option comes
- Hold the DAY button till the current date comes on the screen
- Hold the HOUR button till the current hour comes on the screen
- Hold the MIN button till the current minute comes on the screen
Setting The Programs:
To set up the programs, you have to,
- Press the PROG button once and wait till the display shows you a default time
- Press the DAY button a few times to select the day/days of the week you want to use your heater on. You can select any number of days from Saturday to Friday.
- Press the HOUR and MIN button to set the exact time when you want your heater timer to start
- Finally, press the PROG button.
If the display shows you the day and time you selected earlier, then your work is done. You don’t even need an Intermatic 7-day timer manual.
Using The Time Switch:
You can operate the Intermatic water heater timer switch by pressing the MODE button a few times. Then you will be presented with a lot of different options. Select the option or “mode” you prefer. Here are the available modes:
- AUTO – Everything will run automatically in accordance with the default settings.
- RND – RND is the random mode. This mode will set your timer on and off every 15 minutes.
- MANUAL – This mode allows you to operate your timer the way you please. You can on or off the timer by pressing the ON and OFF buttons whenever you want.
Resetting The Timer
Resetting the Intermatic water heater timer is really easy. You just have to press the RESET button, and everything will get back to the beginning setting.
You should only use this setting in case of troubleshooting your Intermatic water heater timer operational failure. However, if you need to delete a particular event, then you can do it in the following way:
- Press the PROG button time a few times till you find the event you want to clear
- Now hold the MODE button to select the event
- Press the PROG button to delete that particular event
- Finish it by pressing the CLOCK button
And this is how you can perfectly operate the complete Intermatic water heater timer to make the water heater use convenient.
Why is my water heater timer not working?
A heater timer will not work if the trippers are worn out.
Can I put a timer on my hot water heater?
Yes, you can put a timer on your hot water heater. It will save a lot of energy.
How much water heater timer cost?
A water heater timer comes at around $50.
How long does a pool timer last?
A pool timer lasts for around 20 years.
Do Intermatic timers go bad?
Yes, Intermatic timers do go bad. Fortunately, it is very easy to fix the device.
Using an Intermatric water heater can be complicated. But it doesn’t have to be this way. If you can follow our Intermatic water heater timer instructions, then you are sure to get the most out of it. From now, you don’t need to be worried to turn off your heater when you don’t need to use. Set the timer, it will do everything.
If you have any confusion or queries regarding our discussion, leave a comment below.