The most common Traeger timberline 850 problems are fluctuating heat, jammed auger, defective induction fan, grill not igniting, the fire goes out suddenly, etc. All these factors create issues and hinder your Traeger natural running process.
And to lessen your struggle, in this troubleshooting guide, we have explored the possible reasons behind all these Traeger timberline problems and their easy solutions. We hope, going through the article will surely help you fix the trouble you are facing. So, let’s get started…
Traeger Timberline 850 Problems [5 Easy Solutions]
Traeger timberline 850 can’t smoothly operate because of various difficulties. Here are the common problems and their solutions:
1. Grill Not Igniting
Even though the Traeger’s power is on, pellets are dropping, auger or hopper is turning, but the grill is not lighting or igniting. Your Traeger pellet grill stops igniting mainly because of the following reasons:
- Defective cable and power source
- Igniter stops working
- Faulty fuse at Traeger control panel
- Damaged colored wire connections
- Igniter tip is not glowing red
- Fan motor stopped working
- Pellets are not getting sufficient oxygen
- Traeger Auger motor stop turning on and stop fire pots pellet feeding because of giant pellet.
If your Traeger timberline 850 grill stops igniting, you can try the following solutions or you can read our ultimate solution guide to why Traeger not igniting:
- Replace the defective power source and ensure that the outlet is providing enough power to the grill
- Remove and replace the faulty fuse
- Check and replace the damaged wire connections
- Hire a technician to inspect the igniter and replace it if required
- Ensure the igniter tip is glowing red
- Remove the grill’s drip pan, heat diffuser, and grates
- Repair and replace the fan motor
- Replace the auger motor and ensure that the firepot is getting sufficient pellet feeding
2. Heat Fluctuation
Unusual change in the heat is the most common trouble you may encounter with your Traeger timberline 850. The following reasons cause heat or temperature fluctuations in your grill. The reasons are:
- Cold weather
- Opening the lid frequently
- Improper or low airflow circulation
- Low quality pellet
- Dirty temperature probe
To solve the above issue you can go with the following solutions.
- Avoid the lids frequent opening
- Ensure proper airflow circulation
- Use high quality pellets
- Properly clean the temperature probe
- Regularly maintain all the components including the firepot
3. Defective Induction Fan
The induction fan not spinning or working is another problem that holds back the grill’s proper smoke creation. Moreover, the temperature won’t rise to the mark. The probable reasons behind the faulty induction fan are:
- Bad or defective controller
- Damaged controller wire
- The buildup of filth and sooth on and around the induction fan?
- Defective fan’s machine
- Dirty smoker
Follow the solutions below to solve the above issues and ensure that your grill creates smoke adequately.
- Replace the fan’s defective controller and install the new controller
- Replace the controller damaged orange wires and power cord and fix the problem
- Loosen the dirt from the induction fan by spinning it a couple of times
- After every cooking session, clean the smoker
4. Fire Goes Out Suddenly
The following reasons are the culprits if the cookfire goes out from your Traeger timberline 850 while cooking foods:
- Blocked air holes in the firepot
- Fire is not getting oxygen to burn
- Using low quality or bad pellets
- Bad reading or faulty probe connection
When you face the flame running out, the solutions are the following:
- Check the fire pot and remove the blockage from it
- The fire burning requires oxygen and ensure enough oxygen supply to the fire
- Use good pellets
- Ensure that the controller is getting the correct information
5. Jammed Auger
Traeger timberline 850 grill auger suddenly is not spinning because of its jam/blockage. And the grill auger gets jammed if you use the wrong pellets. The following factors are also responsible for this issue:
- If you add shells constantly on your Traeger timberline 850, it will generate the pellet blockage problem.
- Shear pin blockage
- Dirty firepot and grill pellets
The easiest way of solving auger blockage trouble is to clean it properly. Plus follow the solutions below:
- Before creating the scatter, remove the grills inside the pellet
- Remove the jam using different tools such as a pipe wrench, pliers, screwdriver, 7/6 the Allen key, and hammer
- Clearing the clutter and hopper to sort the pellet issue
- Use the right size pellets
- Remove the firepot pathway’s jam
- Electronically turns the auger reveres
Is Traeger 850 worth it?
Yes, it’s worth it. Traeger timberline 850 slowly smokes food, and it makes food hot enough. It cooks exceptionally flavorful and juicy food, and the meat probe thermometer of Traeger links to Wi-Fi. Moreover, you can control your Traeger by pairing it to your mobile phone.
Is the Traeger Timberline 850 big enough?
Yes, it’s big enough. At once, you can quickly cook several foods on your Traeger Timberline 850. The grilling surface of it offers 850 square inches with three adjustable grills. It has enough capacity to cook six pork butts, and nine chickens.
How to reset a Traeger Timberline 850?
Press on the Traeger Timberline 850, go to the menu, select Settings, select grill, and press the grill button. If you don’t see the Traeger logo, hold the grill button. In this way, reset your Traeger Timberline 850.
Is Traeger Timberline grill good for burgers?
The Traeger Timberline Grill’s burgers is tasty. It has tasty propane, and it doesn’t have any burnt crust. The burger is evenly colored brown, and it has excellent taste. You will prefer the burger from Traeger Timberline grill.
Does the fan constantly run on the Traeger timberline 850?
Yes! The Traeger timberline 850’s auger and induction fan continuously run as long as the smoker is on. The fan constantly runs in the cooking session, and throughout the Traders cooking chamber, it distributes smoke.
The severe Traeger timberline 850 Problems hinder the grill’s easy operation and smooth running. This troubleshoots guide aim to represent all the common Traeger problems and their associated solutions. If you think we skip any Traeger problem, you can comment on the issue to notify us.