The most common Traeger timberline 850 problems are fluctuating heat, blocked pellets, defective induction fan, pellet grill stopped igniting, the fire goes out suddenly, etc. All the causes create issues and hinder the Traeger natural running process. We discussed all the problems and solutions in this troubleshooting guide and hope it will help you solve your problems.
Traeger Timberline 850 Problems [7 Easy Solutions]
The smooth operation of Traeger timberline 850 hinders because of various problems. Let’s discuss all those problems and their solutions.
1. Pellet Grill Stop Igniting
Suppose your food is ready for cooking, and your guests are arriving soon, but the pellet grill of Traeger timberline 850 stops working. What would be the situation? It will be a worse situation. The following factors can create this worse situation:
- Defective cable and power source
- Faulty fuse at Traeger control panel
- Damaged colored wire connections
- Traeger Auger motor stop turning on and stop fire pots pellet feeding
The solutions to this problem are the following:
- Replace the defective power source and ensure that the outlet is providing enough power to the grill
- Remove and replace the faulty fuse
- Check and replace the damaged wire connections of your grill smoker
- Replace the auger motor and ensure that the firepot is getting sufficient pellet feeding
2. Fluctuating Heat
Unusual changes in the heat are the most common problem of Traeger timberline 850. The fluctuating heat problem creates the following issues, and the signs of this problem are the following:
- Warming up the foods takes a considerable time
- In some cases, a few minutes requires to warm up the food
- The ideal heat up time is 5-10 minutes
Proper heat or temperature is significant to make a perfect cook. Varying temperature creates various problems, and you can solve the situation in the following ways:
- Choose the suitable wood pellets
- Select hardwood pellet which burns quickly
- Ensure that the shells in less time are creating more heats
- Regularly maintain all the components, including the firepot
3. Blocked Pellets
Adding the wrong pellets creates a blockage in Traeger timberline 850, making the ultimate problem in the grill. The following issues are responsible for creating this problem:
- If you add shells constantly on your Traeger timberline 850, it will generate the pellet blockage problem.
- Using wrong pellets
- Dirty firepot
If you face the blocked pellets problem in your Traeger timberline 850, you should open the grill and take out the tools to remove the obstruction from the pathways. The other solutions are the following:
- Clearing the clutter / Clearing the hopper to sort the pellet issue
- Remove the jam from the firepot pathway
- Use the right pellets
- Auger turns to reverse electronically
4. Defective Induction Fan
A defective induction fan is a significant problem for Traeger timberline 850, and it will hinder the creation of smoke in the grill. Moreover, the temperature will not rise to the mark. The probable reasons for this problem are the following:
- Bad or defective controller
- Damaged controller wire
- The buildup of filth and sooth on and around the induction fan?
- Defective fan’s machine
- Dirty smoker
An induction fan through the cooking chamber circulates the smoke. So if the fan is defective, it will hinder the smoking process. Moreover, getting smoky flavor because of this problem is impossible. The solutions to this problem are the following:
- Replace the fan’s defective controller and install the new controller
- Replace the controller damaged orange wires and power cord and fix the problem
- Loosen the dirt from the induction fan by spinning it a couple of times
- After every cooking session, clean the smoker
5. Grill Not Lighting
Another problem of Traeger timberline 850 is its grill, not lighting. Even though the Traeger’s power is on, pellets are dropping, auger or hopper is turning, but the grill not lighting. Grill may stop lighting because of the following reasons:
- Igniter stop working
- Giant pellets at the grill
- Igniter tip is not glowing red
- Shells are not getting sufficient oxygen to catch
- Fan motor stopped working
If your Traeger timberline 850 grill is not lighting, don’t worry; you can solve the problem with the help of a technician or by yourself. The solutions are:
- Hire a technician and check the igniter and replace it if required
- Using no pellets, try to run the grill
- Make sure that the igniter tip is glowing red
- Remove the drip pan, heat diffuser, and grates from the grill
- Repair and replace the fan motor
6. Fire Goes Out Suddenly
If in the middle of your cookfire goes out from your Traeger timberline 850, there could be several reasons behind this problem. The reasons are the following:
- Blocked air holes in the firepot
- Fire is not getting oxygen to burn
- Using low quality or bad pellets
- Bad reading or faulty probe connection
If you face the flame running out the problem in the middle of your cook, you should do the following to solve the problem. The solutions are the following:
- Check the fire pot and remove the blockage from it
- The fire burning requires oxygen and ensure enough oxygen supply to the fire
- Use good pellets
- Ensure that the controller is getting the correct information
7. Jammed Auger
Traeger timberline 850 grill auger suddenly is not spinning because of its jam/blockage. It is another problem of this grill, and the factors responsible for this problem are the following:
- Dirty grill pellets
- Shear pin blockage
The jammed auger in the Traeger timberline 850 causes disassemble inside the grill. If you face this blocked auger problem, you can solve the issue in the following way:
- Before creating the scatter, remove the grills inside the pellet
- Remove the jam using different tools such as a pipe wrench, pliers, screwdriver, 7/6 the Allen key, and hammer
- Remove the drill from the auger shaft by removing the share pin.
Is Traeger 850 worth it?
Yes, it’s worth it. Traeger timberline 850 slowly smokes food, and it makes food hot enough. It cooks exceptionally flavorful and juicy food, and the meat probe thermometer of Traeger links to Wi-Fi. Moreover, using the mobile app, you can control it.
Is the Traeger Timberline 850 big enough?
Yes, it’s big enough. At once, you can quickly cook several foods on your Traeger Timberline 850. The grilling surface of it offers 850 square inches with three adjustable grills. It has enough capacity to cook six pork butts, and nine chickens.
How to reset a Traeger Timberline 850?
Press on the Traeger Timberline 850, go to the menu, select Settings, select grill, and press the grill button. If you don’t see the Traeger logo, hold the grill button. In this way, reset your Traeger Timberline 850.
Is Traeger Timberline grill good for burgers?
The Traeger Timberline Grill’s burgers is tasty. It has tasty propane, and it doesn’t have any burnt crust. The burger is evenly colored brown, and it has excellent taste. You will prefer the burger from Traeger Timberline grill.
Does the fan constantly run on the Traeger timberline 850?
Yes! The Traeger timberline 850’s auger and induction fan continuously run as long as the smoker is on. The fan constantly runs in the cooking session, and throughout the Traders cooking chamber, it distributes smoke.
The severe Traeger timberline 850 Problems hinder the grill’s easy operation and smooth running. This troubleshoots guide aim to represent all the common Traeger problems and their associated solutions. If you think we skip any Traeger problem, you can comment on the issue to notify us.