The Cadet Wall heater won’t turn off mainly because of a lousy thermostat, faulty primary controller, fused wall heater, faulty circuit breaker, dirty heater, burnt temperature sensor, and malfunctioning heater’s system.
If your Cadet wall heater suddenly stops shutting off, be sure that any of the above or multiple factors are the culprit behind this issue. Keep reading this, and definitely, you will learn the easy way to fix your heater’s turning off problems.
Table of Contents
- Cadet Wall Heater Won’t Turn Off [7 Easy Solutions]
- 1. Defective Thermostat
- 2. Damaged Primary Controller
- 3. Malfunctioning Water Checking System
- 4. Fused Wall Heater
- 5. Faulty Circuit Breakers
- 6. Burnt Temperature Sensor
- 7. Dirty Heater
- Where is the reset button on my Cadet Wall heater?
- Do wall heaters stay on all the time?
- Why does the heater keep running after it has reached the set temperature?
- How do you reset an electric wall heater?
- How do I turn on a wall heater without a thermostat?
Cadet Wall Heater Won’t Turn Off [7 Easy Solutions]
The following seven factors hinder the Cadet Wall heater’s turning off process. Here we discussed all those issues and their solutions too. Let’s start:
Note: You can also read Cadet wall heater troubleshooting guide.
1. Defective Thermostat
The malfunctioning thermostat is the most common issue for which the Cadet Wall heater stops turning off. Usually, the thermostat stops working for the following reasons:
- Faulty wiring
- Broken heating sensor or broken switch
- Low battery
- Dirty thermostat
- A thermostat is reading incorrect room temperature
- No display on the thermostat
At first, check the Cadet heater’s thermostat when it stops shutting off. You can typically repair your malfunctioning thermostat. But if repairing is not possible, you should replace the defective thermostats. The other solutions are the following:
- Replace the broken heating sensor, switch, or faulty wiring
- Check the low battery voltage and replace it if required
- Clean the thermostat properly
- Make sure the heater’s thermostat is reading the correct temperature
- Contact a technician to solve the display issue
2. Damaged Primary Controller
If your Cadet Wall heater’s heating system is okay, then the heating unit’s problem itself could be the cause that hinders its turning off. The causes behind the damaged primary controller are the following:
- Loose wiring
- Dirty or wrong fuse
The primary controller’s mechanical issues are another culprit of this heater’s turning off problem. Contact a technician to find out the controller’s exact mechanical issue. Fix all those issues and repair them. You can also replace the damaged controller.
3. Malfunctioning Water Checking System
The Cadet Wall heater uses hot water or radiators to heat the home. When there is an issue in the water checking system itself, the wall heater will not turn off. The causes of malfunctioning checking system are the following:
- Faulty water check valve
- Water is continuously circulating through the system
You need to contact a technician to fix the malfunctioning water checking system trouble. The other solutions are:
- Replace the defective water check valve
- Stops the continuous water circulation throughout the system; otherwise, the heater will not turn off
4. Fused Wall Heater
A fused wall heater is another cause for the Cadet Wall heater to stop turning off. The factors that lead to this problem are the following:
- Wall heater’s blown fuse
- Tripped breaker
- Faulty breaker box
- Unit’s loose wire connections
- Defective heating element
If a fused wall heater is the main culprit for stopping the turning off process, you should do the following to avoid this issue. The solutions are the following:
- Replace the wall heater’s blown fuse
- Reset the tripped breaker
- Contact a technician to repair the breaker box
- Check the loose wire connections and tighten it
- Bring a new heating element if required
5. Faulty Circuit Breakers
Before analyzing too many causes behind the heater’s shutting off problem, first, you need to check the circuit breakers. A defective circuit breaker hinders the heater’s turning-off process. The reasons behind this are the following:
- The circuit breaker is off
- Overloaded circuit
- Short-circuiting wires
- Loose wire connections
- Faulty internal wiring
The wall heater will not turn off if it suffers from this defective circuit breaker issue. First, you should check the heater’s breaker and reset it to fix this. The other solutions are the following:
- Set the circuit breaker in the “ON” position
- Ensure that the heater is not drawing more current than the circuit can handle. Prevent its overloading
- Reset the breaker each time it trips to avoid the short circuit
- Check and tighten the wire connections
- Contact an electrician to replace its faulty internal wiring
6. Burnt Temperature Sensor
Sometimes the Cadet Wall heater doesn’t turn off due to the burnt temperature sensor hitting the preset heat’s degree. The damaged temperature coil is a significant issue that hinders the heater’s easy turning off process. Following causes lead to this issue including:
- Bad electrodes
- Electrics short-circuit
- Extreme temperature exposure
Replacing the burnt temperature sensor is the leading solution to this issue. You can also contact a technician to repair this part. The other keys are the following:
- Contact an electrician and replace the bad electrode
- Take precautions to avoid short-circuit
- Protect the temperature sensor from extreme exposure
7. Dirty Heater
The dirty heater itself is a significant cause why the Cadet Wall heater doesn’t turn off. A blocked, dirty, or malfunctioning heater is an actual cause for this issue. Moreover, dirt and residue build-up in the heater also cause a foul odor.
Cleaning the dirty heater is the only solution to this trouble. Before starting the cleaning, make sure that the heater is functioning properly. The cleaning steps are the following:
- Turn off the wall heater
- Take off the removable cover plate
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean the build-up
- Use a damp rag and wipe the Cadet Wall heater
- Clean the vent openings
- Air-dry the heater and reassemble it
Where is the reset button on my Cadet Wall heater?
The heater grill’s lower-right section contains the reset button. If your Cadet Wall heater faces the limit to trip issue, you can reset it to fix it. Turn off the unit and wait for 10 minutes to cool it. Then press the reset button using a ball-point pen to reset it.
Do wall heaters stay on all the time?
Yes, the wall heaters can stay on all the time. The manufacturers said that leaving the heater to keep on all night is not dangerous. But remember, you can leave it off for some hours for safety purposes.
Why does the heater keep running after it has reached the set temperature?
Because of the faulty blower motor, the heater keeps running after it has reached the set temperature. Check the heater’s blower motor and ensure that it is running correctly. Various factors lead to blower motor malfunctioning. Check it.
How do you reset an electric wall heater?
To reset your electric wall heater, follow the steps. At first, locate the wall heater knob’s position. Then turn on the pilot knob. After turning on your pilot light, hold the heater’s ignition button for a while. Release it to complete the process.
How do I turn on a wall heater without a thermostat?
You can turn on your wall heater without a thermostat by turning the dial to Pilot. After dialing the Pilot, press the ignite button down. Again and again, you need to press it. Press it until you receive a spark from the heater’s pilot light.
Now you know all those reasons and solutions for which the Cadet Wall heater won’t turn off. If you face any issues in turning off your Cadet Wall heater, hopefully, you will fix it by yourself. Still, if you think your trouble is different from the problems mentioned above, you can comment on it. Let us know the issue, and we will try to solve it.