The common reasons behind your furnace control board no lights are blown control board fuse, faulty control board wiring, broken control board light, an insufficient supply of electricity, and insufficient gas supply.
Below we have sorted out each of these problems and provided the most effective solution for you. Let’s get into it.
Table of Contents
- Furnace Control Board No Lights [5 Reasons & Solutions]
- 1. Blown Control Board Fuse
- 2. Faulty Control Board Wiring
- 3. Broken Control Board Light
- 4. Insufficient Supply of Electricity
- 5. Insufficient Supply of Gas
- How do I know if my furnace control board is bad?
- How do you reset a furnace control board?
- Why would my furnace have no power?
- Why is my thermostat not powered?
- What is wrong when your thermostat goes blank?
- How do I fix an unresponsive thermostat?
- To Conclude:
Furnace Control Board No Lights [5 Reasons & Solutions]
Our method will be helpful even with a Goodman furnace control board no lights, and if there is no power to the HVAC control board. You can apply these methods when there is no power to the furnace or AC as well.
1. Blown Control Board Fuse
The Control board fuse can blow up due to an inconsistent supply of electricity. To be more specific, if the current supply crosses the fuse limit, it will blow up. A blown fuse not only puts out the control board light, but it is also the main reason behind no power to the furnace. In this case, here’s what you can do,
As your fuse has blown, you have to change it. Here’s how to do it,
- Locate the fuse on the control board in the lower compartment
- Turn off the supply of electricity
- Pull out the fuse using a piler
- Check the manual to see what fuse your furnace need (of what amp) and get that fuse
- Insert the fuse in the position you pulled the old one out from. Give it a light push to make sure it’s perfectly placed
Now turn on the furnace. The control board light should turn on now.
2. Faulty Control Board Wiring
The control board is basically an assembly of wires arranged in a certain way. These wirings can get wrong due to many reasons. Once the wiring is damaged, the whole control boards functionality will collapse. As a result, there will not be any control board light. In this way, the absence of a control board light can be a sign of a bad furnace control board.
You have to fix the wiring to get the furnace working again. Fixing the wiring can mean two distinct things. Here they are,
- See if every wire is perfectly placed and attached. Check if any wire is wrongly positioned
- See if the wires are in good condition. In case you notice damaged wires change the whole wiring
3. Broken Control Board Light
The light on the control board may not work even when the whole furnace is perfectly working. The cause behind this issue can be that the light itself is broken.
Changing the broken control board light will solve this issue. Here’s how to do it,
- Locate the board where the lights are located
- Turn off the furnace
- Delicately unwire the lights panel
- Get a new light panel. Make sure to consult the user manual before getting the new lights
- Install the light panel in its position
- Weld the wiring properly
Now turn the furnace on to see if the board light is working perfectly.
4. Insufficient Supply of Electricity
A furnace runs on electricity. Insufficient supply of it will directly affect the performance of the overall furnace. The Control board light may not work for this reason.
In this case, you just have to make sure that nothing is preventing the fluent supply of electricity. Changing the outlet can solve this problem. However, if this doesn’t resolve the issue, call an electrician and check the outlets.
5. Insufficient Supply of Gas
Gas is the main fuel of furnaces. If the supply of gas fails to reach the furnace, then the whole system declines to function properly. As a result, the control board lights remain off.
This situation is a bit problematic. If you need to get the gas supply checked, you better call an expert to see the matter. It’s not wise to do it yourself because it’s dangerous and difficult.
And this is all. These 5 reasons are the main cause why your furnace control board light is blank. Following our solutions accordingly will get it back to work. Yet, you find it’s not working, it may be your control board is faulty and need to replace control board.
How do I know if my furnace control board is bad?
The signs of a bad furnace control board are high temperature, blinking of warning lights, usual noise, and interruption in functionality.
How do you reset a furnace control board?
To reset a furnace control board, you have to turn the power off, wait for 10-15 seconds, and turn the switch back on.
Why would my furnace have no power?
If your furnace has no power then try to replace the fuse, and ensure a consistent power supply.
Why is my thermostat not powered?
The tripping of the circuit breaker can be the reason why your thermostat has no power.
What is wrong when your thermostat goes blank?
Your thermostat can go blank due to dead batteries, broken thermostats, tripped breakers, or faulty AC systems.
How do I fix an unresponsive thermostat?
If your thermostat is unresponsive, try shutting off the breaker and cleaning the interior. After that, turn the breaker on.
The furnace control board with no light is a complicated issue. This can bring you more difficulties than you might think. For this reason, we suggest you apply the methods we discussed in this article to fix your furnace control board light as soon as possible. If you have any questions you can leave them in the comment box below.