The common Furrion thermostat problems are the wrong thermostat settings, faulty thermostats, thermostat shutting off and showing error codes and flashing like ‘E3’, and ‘Lo’.
All these issues can create your thermostat to malfunction. In such cases, you need a Furrion thermostat troubleshooting guide.
Not to worry, the troubleshooting process is pretty simple. Today, our experts have narrowed down the reasons for this complaint and provided some worthy solutions with 7 more Furrion thermostat error codes solutions. So, miss the article at your own risk!
Table of Contents
- Furrion Thermostat Problems [5 Easy Solutions]
- 1. Wrong Thermostat Settings
- 2. Defective Thermostat
- 3. Thermostat Shutting Off
- 4. Furrion Thermostat Flashing ‘Lo’
- 5. Furrion Thermostat Showing ‘E3’ Code
- Safety Precautions
- What is the maximum temperature of the Furrion Electric Fireplace?
- Can you buy replacement parts for the Furrion Electric Fireplace?
- How can you reset a Furrion Electric Fireplace?
Furrion Thermostat Problems [5 Easy Solutions]
Follow the following simple solutions to fix your thermostat mishaps ASAP.
1. Wrong Thermostat Settings
Many Furrion users face this silly problem daily. The basic principle of a heating device is that it will only work if the temperature of the environment or the water is lower than your requirement.
In many instances, temperature settings are the main culprit. Whereas, the customer is going nuts! Whatever the case is, follow the instructions properly to eliminate this silly issue.
- Inspect the front display panel of your heating appliances. Detect the current temperature settings. For example, your Furrion Fireplace can operate between 65 Degrees Fahrenheit and 95 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the temperature is higher than the set temperature, the heater or fireplace won’t work. So, set the thermostat temperature lower than the temperature.
- Now, for some Furrion heaters, you can use Auto temperature control. In this feature, you will have to set the desired temperature. Your heater will operate automatically to control the temperature.
2. Defective Thermostat
Now, if your thermostat sensor is found to be faulty, you can’t do anything about it. Sometimes, the wiring might be loose or burned out. In such cases, you can repair those.
- Inspect the sensor properly. If the exterior of the thermostat appears to be burned or damaged, you will have to replace that. Contact the Furrion customer care for spare parts.
- If you find broken wires or loose connections, fix them to eliminate the problem. Recheck the connections and other components thoroughly. Contact a technician or Furrion customer support for better inspection.
3. Thermostat Shutting Off
Overheating can be a major issue for triggering the protection protocol. The protection protocol turns off the thermostat and shuts the heater down.
In such cases, you will have to let it cool down and reset the system. Different Furrion heating appliances require different resetting approaches. For example, here is a complete process for resetting your Furrion Fireplace.
- Turn off the fireplace if it’s running. You can use the front control panel or the remote control. Let the fireplace cool down completely.
- Now, take out the plug from the wall socket. Let the fireplace sit down for at least 15 minutes.
- A possible reason for overheating is restricted airway. Locate and eliminate the factors for the restriction.
- Make sure that no object is within the 6-inch radius of the air vents. Do not cover the air vent with objects or cloth.
- Turn on the fireplace back again. Hopefully, it will start working again.
4. Furrion Thermostat Flashing ‘Lo’
In the case of your Furrion thermostat flashing ‘Lo’ on the display panel, you will have to reset your thermostat. The reason for flashing such a message is low temperature.
Either the temperature of your environment is too low which exceeds the range, or the thermostat is positioned in an incorrect manner. To find a remedy, follow the solution below.
- Turn off the heater first.
- Then wait for 10 to 15 minutes as your Furrion heater cools down completely. Inspect the thermometer positioning.
- If the thermostat sensor and positioning are unharmed, turn the heater back on, it will start working again.
5. Furrion Thermostat Showing ‘E3’ Code
Furrion RV Gas water heater often faces temperature mechanical sensor malfunction.
In such cases, the thermostat panel will flash the ‘E3’ error code. Follow the simple solution to get rid of this problem.
- As your water heater is overheated, it affects the mechanical temperature sensor. In such a scenario, the sensor becomes temporarily faulty. The solution is to cool it down.
- Let cold water run inside the heater for 15 to 20 seconds. It will cool down the sensor. If any major damage is not done, then the heater will start working properly again.
Before heading to any sort of Furrion heating appliances troubleshooting, you will have to maintain a safe and healthy procedure. Follow these important steps every time before working on your Furrion electric thermostat.
- Always pull the plug out of the wall socket and leave the Furrion heating appliances to cool down for at least 15 minutes. Make sure that the power outlets provide the right electricity. Ensure that the plugs are properly connected.
- Don’t cover or restrict the airway to prevent fireplace overheating.
- Don’t use wet cloth or cleaning solutions to clean the interior of the fireplace.
- Always keep the children away from the fireplace. Make sure that there is no object within the 6-inch radius of your electric fireplace.
What is the maximum temperature of the Furrion Electric Fireplace?
The maximum temperature of your Furrion fireplace is 95 Degrees Fahrenheit. It can cover up to 550 square feet.
Can you buy replacement parts for the Furrion Electric Fireplace?
You can order replacement parts directly from the Furrion fireplace manufacturer. You can also contact your nearest dealer to find the right parts for your fireplace.
How can you reset a Furrion Electric Fireplace?
Pull out the plug and leave the fireplace idle for at least 15 minutes. Reconnect the plug when the fireplace is completely cooled down. Turn on the fireplace again.
We are hopeful that now you can solve your Furrion thermostat problems by following our guide.
However, you might also face other issues regarding your Furrion thermostat. Then you can reach out in the comment section. Our experts are always here to help you.