Green Mountain Grill error codes like E01, E02, SEN, and FAL have their own meaning. And each of them will indicate a specific problem with your grill. If you know the meaning of those error codes, you can easily fix the issue with your grill.
For example, the error code ‘SEN’ points out the Green Mountain Grill thermal sensor problem.
As a result, you can effortlessly fix the sensor issue by replacing the wiring of the thermal sensor or changing the sensor itself. To learn about other error codes of your Green Mountain Grill, keep scrolling till the end.
Table of Contents
- Green Mountain Grill Error Codes [Reasons + Solutions]
- 1. Green Mountain Grill FAL Code
- 2. Green Mountain Grill NFD Code
- 3. SEN Error Message
- 4. OUL Error Message
- 4 More Error Codes Of The Green Mountain Grill
- Green Mountain Grill Reset: How To Steps
- What does suc mean on my Green Mountain grill?
- How do you clear a jammed auger on a Green Mountain grill?
- How do you prime a Green Mountain Grill?
- Why won’t My Green Mountain Grill turn on?
Green Mountain Grill Error Codes [Reasons + Solutions]
This chapter will let you know about the meanings of the error codes your grill will display. Therefore, we also help you to clear those error messages.
1. Green Mountain Grill FAL Code
FAL code on your Green Mountain Grill means it fails to ignite, or your grill igniter failing to ignite. Your grill will display this error message if the burn cup is filled with ash.
When you try to ignite the grill, the ash in the burn cup will drop off and smother the fire. Therefore, faulty igniter wire connections or defective igniter can also be the culprit behind this issue.
How To Clear The ‘FAL’ Error Code
Vacuum out the burn pot to remove the ash from it and retry to ignite your grill to solve the issue.
Secondly, check the igniter wire connections and make sure it’s secure. Lastly, you should replace the igniter with a new one if it gets defective.
2. Green Mountain Grill NFD Code
NFD error code means the grill fails to detect any food. It’s because the meat probe isn’t securely inserted into the control board.
Alternatively, the wire connection of the meat probe gets faulty or kinked. Turns out, a defective meat probe can also be the reason behind displaying the NFD error message.
How To Clear The NFD Error Code
To clear this error message, make sure you insert the meat probe into the control board with no kinks in the wire. If this step fails to solve the problem, you should replace the meat probe with a new one.
3. SEN Error Message
SEN error code on Green Mountain Grill means there is an issue with the thermal sensor. If the thermal sensor gets obstructed by grease and debris, your grill will display the SEN error code.
Besides, the two plugs back of the control panel aren’t installed securely which may be responsible for this issue.
How To Clear The SEN Error Code
First off, remove the obstructions on and around the thermal sensor by getting rid of grease and dirt buildup. If your grill continues to display the SEN error code, follow the below steps.
- Start with unplugging the unit from power.
- Remove the two screws that hold the control panel together and pull the control board toward you.
- Now, find the small two-pin plug on the back of your control panel.
- Ensure the plug is inserted securely. It would be best to disconnect the plug and connect it firmly.
- Make sure the wires don’t get damaged or bent.
- If these steps fail to clear the SEN error message, you should replace the thermal sensor with a new one.
4. OUL Error Message
The error code ‘OUL’ indicates a problem with the electrical connection.
You can see this error message if the wire connections of the control board, combustion fan, or hopper fan get faulty.
How To Clear ‘OUL’ Error Code
First off, check out the wire connections between the control board. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn the unit off and unplug it from the electric outlet.
- Remove the two Philips head screws on the front of the control panel and pull the control panel toward you.
- Blow off the back of the control panel with a can of computer cleaner.
- Reconnect the control board and test the unit.
If, still, the error message persists, head over to the following steps to inspect the wiring for the combustion fan.
- First off, locate the combustion fan. You can find it under the backside of the bottom of your grill.
- Check out the blue wires located inside the white sheathe. Ensure these wire connections are secure and don’t get damaged.
- If the wires get burnt, you should replace the wiring. On the other hand, you should replace the combustion fan if it gets defective.
Finally, check out the wire connection of the hopper fan. If you notice any damage to those wiring, replace them.
4 More Error Codes Of The Green Mountain Grill
You can also see the following error codes on your Green Mountain Grill.
EO1 means the fan motor overload. Inspect the wires and wire connection of the combustion fan. If they get damaged, replace them with a new one.
E02 indicates the auger motor overload. Check out the wires or wire connection of the auger motor.
E04 points out low voltage. To clear this error code, try a different electrical outlet.
E08 tells about the problem with the igniter. Disconnect the red wire and see if the error message goes away or not. If not, we bet the control board gets defective, and you need to replace it.
Green Mountain Grill Reset: How To Steps
Here is the step-by-step guide to reset your Green Mountain Grill.
- Unplug your grill from the electric outlet and plug it back in again.
- Tap on the ‘Food’ button and turn your grill on. Hold down the button for 15 seconds.
- Now, wait until the LCD readout reaches 999. Then, unplug your grill again. Finally, plug in your unit to the power and wait for another 30 seconds. You can now run your grill without any issues.
What does suc mean on my Green Mountain grill?
After connecting your home-wifi with the GMG, the controller will displace UPD. Then, the grill will start the download at 0 and reach 100. Once the download is finished, the display will show SUC meaning success.
How do you clear a jammed auger on a Green Mountain grill?
Inspect the auger by pulling out the grill grate and the heat deflector. If you find any obstructions, clear them out. You can use a rubber mallet to clear the auger jam by tapping on the auger tube.
How do you prime a Green Mountain Grill?
Follow the below steps to prime your Green Mountain Grill.
- Plug the unit into an electrical outlet.
- Fill the hopper with wood pellets
- Next, pour the wood pellets into the firebox.
- Now, it’s time to prime your grill by pushing the red button.
- The unit will display 0. When the display reads 1, unplug the unit. Then, plug it in again and push the red button.
- So, the unit says 0, which means it feeds the pellets through the auger. When it displays 1, understand the firebox starts heating up. And the numbers 2 & 3 will let you know the fan is kicking to heat up the unit.
- After that, you can see a temperature display and let it reach 150F. Finally, you can adjust the temperature according to your cooking requirements.
Why won’t My Green Mountain Grill turn on?
Your Green Mountain Grill will not turn on if there is too much ash buildup in the firebox. Therefore, a faulty igniter will also prevent the unit from turning on.
If you see any of the error codes (we mentioned) on your Green Mountain Grill, you have this guide to address those error messages. Just follow the troubleshooting steps we mentioned above to clear those error codes.
Besides, Green Mountain has a helpful support team. You can reach out to them to get the solution to your grill issue.
6 thoughts on “Green Mountain Grill Error Codes [Full List + Reasons + Solutions]”
I’ve put two ignitors in and both failed to get hot. There are no codes showing up. I examined the connections all way to controller. No loose connections. I’m guessing it needs a new controller??
Look out for rust in the ignition chamber and clean it. Also, take a look at the temperature control and check for uneven heat. Reset your Grill and update it.
Hope you will get the solution.
My display shows the oFF error, I don’t know what it means and there is a beep, after disconnecting the pellet level sensor, the oFF message is still displayed
The grill displays “off” when the fan cycle is complete & it’s ready to be used again.
Well, you just need to keep the burn pot clean.
Best of luck!
How do you clear an S-E code?
Is it SE or SEN?
If it is SEN code, follow the solution guide in the SEN error message section in the article to resolve it.
Best of luck!