Your Homes Space heater keeps turning off due to the faulty thermostat, wrong thermostat settings, overheating, blocked air filter, defective heating element, and accidentally tipping over.
Whatever the case is, this article will cover all the issues and their solutions. So, stay tuned till the end.
Table of Contents
- Holmes Space Heater Keeps Turning Off [5 Easy Solutions]
- 1. Wrong Thermostat Settings
- 2. Heater Overheating Issues
- 3. Tip-Over Safety Protection
- 4. Dirty Air Filter
- 5. Power Supply Failure
- How To Clean a Holmes Space Heater
- Are Holmes Space Heaters Safe?
- How much electricity does Holmes Space Heaters consume?
- Can you leave your Homles Space Heater on all night?
- Final Words
Holmes Space Heater Keeps Turning Off [5 Easy Solutions]
The reasons for shutting down the Holmes Space Heater are manageable. All you need to do is to follow the instructions described below.
Note: You can also read how to fix Comfort zone infrared heater problems.
1. Wrong Thermostat Settings
The first-ever mishap of people while using heaters is thermostat settings. Especially for new users, understanding the thermostat settings might be tricky. Thus, resulting in wrong thermostat settings.
As you know, your Homes Space heater comes with thermostats that measure the room temperature as well as the heating temperature.
If your room temperature is higher than the heater thermostat, the heater will turn off itself. Follow the instructions to set the correct thermostat settings.
- First, make sure that the heater is plugged in.
- Now, set the thermostat using the buttons on the control panel. The left arrow button will lower the temperature and the right one will do the opposite.
- Make sure that you set the temperature higher than the room temperature.
Pro Tip: Our experts suggest shutting down the heater after your room has reached the desired temperature. Be eco-friendly and save electricity!
2. Heater Overheating Issues
Now, Holmes Space Heaters are mainly fan-forced heaters. That means the fan is responsible for transferring the heat from the heating coils.
So, for any reason, if the heating coil gets overheated, the heater will shut down. This is a safety feature for the Holmes Space Heaters. You can’t turn off this feature for obvious safety reasons.
But, you can reset the heater to turn it back again. Nonetheless, you will have to eliminate the reasons behind this mishap.
Issues like Holmes heater fan malfunction, blocked airways, and high voltage are the main culprits. Follow the mentioned instructions to reset your Holmes Space heater.
- First of all, eliminate the reasons for overheating. Make sure that the airway is not covered. Clean the fan if it is too dusty.
- If your fan is not working, consult a technician to solve the issue.
- Now, for a manual reset, unplug the heater from the wall socket.
- Let the heater rest for at least 15 minutes. It will allow the coils to cool down.
- Then, reconnect the power cords and turn your heater back again.
3. Tip-Over Safety Protection
Your Holmes Space Heater comes with a special feature. This feature is Tip-Over Safety Protection. Once the heater is tipped off suddenly, it will immediately shut down the heater.
To solve this problem, follow the solution mentioned below.
- Once the heater is tipped off, unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Now, place the heater upright on a flat surface.
- Make sure that your Holmes Heater has proper ventilation.
- Turn it back on by plugging it back again. Avoid placing the heater on uneven surfaces.
4. Dirty Air Filter
The heater air filter receives dirt and debris while running. Over time, it gets clogged which leads the overheating. Thus the heater shuts off suddenly.
The only solution is to clean the air filter, air vents, and overall the whole heater. Below are the guides on how you can do the cleaning:
5. Power Supply Failure
For many reasons, your household power outlet might not provide sufficient electricity to your Holmes Space heater. Loosely connected plugs, damaged wires, voltage issues, and tripped circuit breakers may cause such problems.
To eliminate this hiccup, perform thorough surveillance. Detect the cause and follow the right solution.
- Holmes Space heaters require 120 Volts-AC electricity. The heating coil requires a wattage of 1500 watts. In some cases, due to power overload, the heater can trip down the circuit breaker. Turn it back on when the heater is completely cool.
- Make sure that the plug is connected properly to the outlet.
- Inspect all the wires, both external and internal. Change damaged wire if necessary.
How To Clean a Holmes Space Heater
Cleaning a Holmes Space Heater is pretty easy. You will have to follow the said steps to clean it properly.
- First, take out the front and back panels. You can do that by using a screwdriver and unscrewing the panels.
- Now, make a mild cleaning solution with soap. Avoid using flammable cleaning solutions.
- Take a soft cloth and damp it with the cleaning solution. Then, wipe the panels to clean.
- The fan blades might be tricky. Rub it properly to clean the debris off the blades.
- Take a soft cloth or brush to clean off the dirt from the heating coils and other electronic components. Do NOT use a wet cloth.
- Make sure that the panels are completely dry before reassembling.
- Always keep your heater in a dry place. You can use the box in which the heater came.
Are Holmes Space Heaters Safe?
Yes, space heaters are perhaps the safest heating appliances. As most heaters are fan forces, it is safe for children.
How much electricity does Holmes Space Heaters consume?
Normally, entry-level Holmes Space Heaters are 1500 Watts. So, if it runs for 1 hour, it will consume 1.5 kWh worth of electricity. That is equivalent to 1 Unit.
Can you leave your Homles Space Heater on all night?
Keeping your heater on after hitting the bed can sometimes be dangerous and may cause a fire. So, make sure that your room is enough warm and cozy before bedtime.
Now, you can fix your Holmes space heater keeps turning off issue in no time. On the contrary, you might face other problems regarding your heaters.
These problems can be frustrating. But, rest assured, our experts are always here for your help.
Only make sure to reach out in the comment sections, our elite team of experts will respond right away to help you.