The Honeywell Surround heater shuts off for multiple reasons. They can be a blown fuse, damaged wiring, restricted airway, failsafe malfunction, or defective components.
This can be very frustrating especially when you want a warm and cozy room. But have no fear folks, our exciting experts got you covered. By following these easy solutions, you can fix your Honeywell Space Heater in no time. Be very attentive and don’t miss a thing!
Honeywell Surround Heater Shuts Off [5 Easy Solutions]
Already, you know the reasons for the malfunction. It’s time to explore the solutions accordingly.
1. Fuse Blown Off
One of the most common reasons for the Honeywell Surround Heater not working is fuse malfunction. Sometimes, the fuse might blow off. In such cases, the heater will shut down and stop working.
- Check the thermal fuse. You can find it just below the heating coil. You will have to open the heater from the bottom rack.
- When you have opened the bottom panel, you will be able to see the thermostat and the circuit. Unscrew the body and reach the upper deck. You will find the thermal fuse beneath the heating coil.
- Replace the fuse and turn it back on. It will start working if there are no additional problems.
2. Damaged Wire
Now, heaters generate a significant amount of heat. So, it is relevant that the wires can be damaged. On top of that, the heater consumes a good amount of power. So, odd chances are the wires can be damaged by excessive power. Whatever the case is, replacing the damaged wire is perhaps a fitting solution.
- Locate the damaged wire first.
- Replace the damaged wire with a new one. Make sure that the wires are attached accordingly.
- Use heat-resistant wires for better performance.
3. Restricted Airway
Honeywell Surround Heaters can heat all around the surroundings, The unique 360-degree design is pretty handy. However, the heater requires good airflow. If the airflow is restricted, the coils will overheat and the heater will shut off.
- Do not cover the bottom panel.
- Place the heater on a hard surface.
- Do not take the heater inside your blanket or bed.
4. Failsafe Malfunction
One of the unique features of the Honeywell Surround Heater is the failsafe. When you accidentally trip the heater, it will automatically shut off. However, a faulty failsafe can be a reason for the sudden shutdown.
- Open the back panel and inspect the failsafe switch.
- If it is damaged, then you can’t fix it. One way to still have a functioning heater is to permanently eliminate the feature.
- To bypass the sensor, you will have to hardwire it.
- Grab the sensor in one hand and twist it to break the wire. Then, attach a wire to bypass it.
- Do not leave the heater unattended after the fix.
5. Defective Components
In many cases, a faulty thermostat, clogged heating coils, or malfunctioning fans can be the reasons for heater shutdown. However, once you fix the problem, you will be able to enjoy a fully functioning Honeywell Surround Heater.
- Open the back panel and you will be able to see the thermostat sensor. If it is burned out or damaged, You need to fix the thermostat or replace it with a new one.
- Clear clogs of the heating coil and inspect the connections with the mother circuit.
- Inspect the fan. If the blades are jammed, drip a bit of lube to free them. But, do not drop excess lubricant.
Honeywell Surround Heater Troubleshooting
You can troubleshoot your Honeywell Surround Heater in minutes. All you need to do is to follow the said steps.
- Unplug the heater from the power panel.
- Let it cool down completely. It normally takes around 5 minutes.
- Now, let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Plug the heater after the resting period, it will start working just fine.
Can I use Honeywell Room Heater in the bathroom?
No, it is hight recommended not to use the Honeywell room heater inside the bathroom. The humidity and moisture of your bathroom will damage the heating coils. It can also permanently damage the entire unit.
How many watts is Honeywell Surround Heater?
The Honeywell heater uses 750 watts at the lowest settings and can crank up to 1500 watts at the maximum settings.
What is the dimension of this unit?
The base has a diameter of 8 inches. The width is 8 inches as well. Whereas, the height of the heater is approximately 11.5 inches.
What is the highest heat setting of the Honeywell Heater?
You can go as high as 60 degrees. However, keep in mind that the Honeywell heater is perhaps a supplementary heating source. So, you can’t expect it to control the entire room environment all at once.
Wrapping Things Up!
As you have already read our guide, you can now easily fix the Honeywell Surround heater shuts off trouble. If you still face other issues with your Honeywell Surround Heater, reach out to us in the comment section.
Our exciting team of experts is here to guide you. By following our instructions, you can solve your heater problems in no time. Till next time, stay safe and stay warm!
Note: You can also read 3 steps to perfect honeywell ct87k calibration.