If the Soleil Ceramic Heater Not Working, it may be because of a faulty power supply, malfunction of fan functions, bad heating elements, tripped circuit breaker. Also, overloaded thermal, lack of airflow, the defective thermostat also stops the normal working of the heater.
Here, you will get the complete solution guide to fix the problem easily. If you are having this issue with your unit, stay connected with us till the end.
Soleil Ceramic Heater Not Working [7 Easy Solutions]
There are major reasons for the heater not working. From below, you will find a crystal clear description of each one with solving procedures. So, let’s get started.
1. Malfunctioning of Power Supply
It is the most common reason behind stopping the heater operation. When there is not a sufficient power supply, the heater will catch several issues. The major reasons for faulty power supply are;
- Faulty switch
- Blown fuses
- Burned power cord
- Loosely plugged in
- Defective outlets
- Damaged power socket
- Insufficient voltage and wattage supply
Here, we have included the effective steps to fix this issue:
- Start by checking the power switch. Replace it if you find any faults there.
- Then, check the power cord if it is well-working or not. If needed, replace it.
- Now measure the voltage and wattage of the furnace. Here, heater needs 1500 Watts (W) or 1.5 kW for operating it.
- Verify all the heater’s wires are not damaged or defective.
- Finally, plug the heater tightly and turn on the heater.
2. Soleil Ceramic Heater Fan Not Working
Faulty fan wiring is the main culprit. If the fan stops functioning, the heater becomes overheated and will stop operating as well. So, in the case of the heater not working, keep your attention to the fan sensibly. Let’s know the reasons first;
- Short-circuited wire
- Defective fan motor
- Obstacles in the motor and fan blades
- Dirty fan blades
- Loose wire connection with the fan
- Faulty switch
No worries. Fix the major problem by following below guides:
- First of all, turn the heater off and unplug it.
- Then, unscrew the fan cover and inspect it.
- Check out the wires attached to the fan. Fix all the loose, damaged wires.
- After that, clean the debris from the fan blades.
- Verify the motor is well operating and there are no obstacles.
3. Bad heating element
It is in the row of most possible causes for heater malfunctioning. They have several sensitive heating elements that convert electrical energy into heat or thermal energy, maintaining the Joule heating principle. However, for various reasons, it got defected. Now it’s the fixing time.
- First, turn off the heater and unplug it from the main power line.
- Then, unscrew the heater and disassemble it.
- Now take a multi-meter and start measuring the resistance of each element. If you find high resistance, then all these are all right.
- If not, there may have broken or burned.
- Also, check the entire wirings. If any attached wires are worn-out, you have to replace them.
- In the case of fixing fault heating elements, it will be better to contact the manufacturer.
4. There may have Thermal Overload Issues
Almost in every modern heater, you will find safety features. It is optimized in the heater for safety purposes. Like other heaters, Soleil ceramic heat has a safety protector switch and thermal overload system.
The thermal system mainly relies on the heating sensor for detecting the temperature. When it catches any uneven temperature, immediately it stops the normal working of the unit. In this case, the only way is to reset the heater.
How To Reset Soleil Ceramic Heater?
- Turn off the heater and disconnect it from the power socket.
- Then leave the heater for about 10-15 minutes and let it be cool.
- Plugin the heater and turn it back on.
- If still the same issue persists, there may have been a melted heat sensor. Replace it.
5. Blocked Air Filters
When the heater operates, it produces a massive amount of heat that needs to flow out from the vents. If the vents are blocked, it becomes an obstacle for air flowing. Thus, the heater becomes overheated and stops normal working. If it is so long to clean the furnace, it is the right time:
- Before starting the cleaning, turn off the heater and cool it properly.
- Then, clean the filters first.
- Wipe down the grills with a damp cloth.
- Maintain the cleaning activities periodically to ensure fluent heater operation.
6. Faulty Thermostat Setting
The primary function of a thermostat is to set the temperature to the desired level. If your furnace stops working, they have the below reasons:
- Reached the desired temperature
- Stuck thermostat
- Faulty working
- Wrong temperature setting
- Anyways, by following some simple steps, you can fix the defective thermostat by yourself.
- First, put your eyes on the temperature of the thermostat. If you see the level is too low or off position, turn the level higher. Check if the furnace is working or not.
- Sometimes, without overheating issues, it stops operating. Be sure it is stuck or gets faulted. So, repair the factors quickly.
- Replace the dead batteries sometimes well works.
- Finally, if all above fails, the problem is the thermostat itself. Replace it by contacting the manufacturer.
7. Tripped Circuit Breaker
A circuit breaker is the primary power source of a house in which several electrical devices are connected. When your furnace is overheated, it sometimes melts the flame sensor or heat sensor.
In this case, the breaker will flip to the Off position. Immediately, the attached device will shut down and stop working. In some cases, when there are too many appliances are connected, it triggers the same situation. Here are some solving steps to fix this:
- First, unplug all the appliances from the outlets and start connecting one by one.
- In this sequence, find out the tripped switch. Check the heater in this way.
- If it works, be sure the problem is with the breaker.
- When you find any tripped one, just unplug it and turn it off. Then turn it ON.
- If it seems hard to you, contact Soleil ceramic heater technical support team.
How do you turn on a Soleil ceramic heater?
To turn on the heater, press the ON/OFF button from the control panel. If you have the remote control, press the Power button, and the fan starts moving after 1 minute.
We have assembled all the possible reasons for the heater failing to operate with the effective solutions steps. Hopefully, all those work well, and now you can fix your furnace problem easily.
Still, if you have any queries regarding this, let us know through a comment. Our expert will help you ASAP.