“Taotronic heater won’t turn on” is the most typical query of many Taotronics users. The possible reasons for this issue include no or incorrect power supply, a faulty thermostat, and a tripped circuit breaker. Also, blocked air filters and activation of overprotection safety element is responsible for this.
If you are troubled with such an issue, then our Taotronics heater troubleshooting guide is only for you. Scroll down to get depth solution to this problem.
Taotronics Heater Won’t Turn On [5 Quick Solutions]
Our below discussed steps will be enough if the Taotronics space heater won’t turn on. You will get the proper and detailed solution here. So, without getting late, go through our complete guide.
Note: You can also read how to fix the Taotronics heater keeps turning off issue.
1. Start by Checking Power Supply
To operate any electronic appliance, a proper power supply is first needed. So, if your Taotronics space heater stopped working, the incorrect power supply may be the main reason. Sometimes, no power supply is passing through your heater. In other cases, improper power cord plugging won’t let the heater turn on.
- Before starting, make sure that your unit is placed on a flat and even surface.
- Then, check the power socket. If you see any brownish stain there, be sure it is not damaged or has defects. Replace it first if there is any have.
- Now, have a look at the power cord of your heater. Repair or replace whether you see any defects to it.
- After that, check the plugin connection as well. If it is loosened, tighten it correctly.
- Connect the power cord to a powered outlet.
2. Faulty Thermostat May the Culprit
If the power supplies are fine, it’s time to check the thermostat. It is one of the main parts of any heater which is used to regulate the temperature. Because of several reasons, it starts malfunctioning. So, moving through the solution part, you have to know the causes first:
- Loose wirings
- Incorrect temperature setting
- Uneven heating
- Dead batteries
- Incorrect thermostat location
- If it takes so long to change the thermostat’s batteries, you have to concentrate on this. Change the batteries of your thermostat.
- Then, unscrew the thermostat. Clean the overall inner and outer surface. Then, check where there is loose or worn-out wiring. Replace the damaged wires and tighten the loose ones.
- Don’t miss to check the location as well. Ensure the thermostat is not located close to any type of heating source.
- Now final and major part, check the temperature. Bear in mind that you have to set the temperature high comparing your current room temperature.
3. Don’t Miss to Check Circuit Breaker
A tripped circuit breaker or blown fuses are also highly responsive to the heater not turning on issue. All the electric appliances are connected to your circuit breaker, and it is the main power source of your home. But the problem starts by connecting too many devices in one circuit.
A circuit breaker with many devices exceeds the power limit and fails the proper power supply to each device. Then it automatically turns off the circuit at the main panel.
- At first, unplug the heater and check the fuse box.
- If it is blown out, replace the fuse first or reset the tripped circuit breaker.
- Besides, check the wiring as well. Damaged wires need to be replaced. But contact a professional one to do this.
- It’s better to connect the circuit breaker to a different outlet.
- After plugging, turn on the heater. If still, it is not turning on, the following part will prove well.
4. Are the Air Filters Blocked?
It needs to clean out any electrical device to ensure its proper operation of it. Air filters are such a vital element of a space heater. So, it is essential to clean the furnace the filter periodically. Dusted or blocked air filters are often responsible for blowing air poorly.
Thus, it makes the heater overheat and does not let the heater turn on. But you have to know the proper cleaning process before moving through cleaning. Otherwise, you will damage any important interior element carelessly.
- Unplug it from the electrical socket.
- Leave it for 5 minutes to cool the furnace.
- Then clean the exterior first. Use a soft microfiber cloth to wipe down the dust from the surface.
- After that, disassemble the heater for interior cleaning.
- Take a compressed air duster and start dusting debris from the air vents.
- Or, use a brush attached vacuum cleaner and suck out the loose dirt from the inside of the heater. It will be better not to use soapy water for cleaning sensitive interior components.
- Replace the air filters if it is blocked. Also, replace any damaged wires as well.
- Reassemble the heater correctly.
5. Tip-Over Overheat Protection
It is essential to check the safety features of a heater. The main function of the safety device is to detect the overheated element of the heater. When it finds any unsafe temperature, the main power switch will automatically turn off to prevent overheating and damage.
The only solution is to rest the heater. Here are the proper processes:
- Make sure that the heater is unplugged.
- Remove all obstructions from the heater.
- Turn off the thermostat.
- Leave the unit for 10-20 minutes.
- Plug in the heater and turn the power on.
How to set eco mode on my taotronics space heater?
If you desire to set Eco mode to your space heater, press the (n) button on your remote. Repeatedly press it to select the temperate in high, low, and eco.
Is it safe to use detergents in a space heater to clean it?
If you are cleaning the heater’s interior, make sure that you are not using any cleaning agents or detergents there. It will greatly harm the soft component.
Here we have given our level best to solve the Taotronics space heater not turning on issue. Hopefully, it has broken down the issue of your heater.
But don’t hesitate to tell us your further queries. Our expert team is always ready for you. Also, share your valuable thoughts through the comment.