Dimplex electric fireplace troubleshooting is as simple as the Avalon pellet stove troubleshooting. Just keep reading our simple troubleshooting guide. You will get easy and simple solutions to the following issues with your Dimplex electric fireplace.
- Remote control not working
- The fireplace showing error codes
- How to reset your Dimplex fireplace
- How to unlock your Dimplex heater
- Dimplex thermostat troubleshooting
- Fireplace flame is frozen
- The fireplace turns on/off by itself
So, let’s get started…….
7 Dimplex Electric Fireplace Troubleshooting
Here’s a list of the most common issues faced by the consumers of Dimplex Electric Fireplace.
1. Dimplex Remote Control Not Working
A few possible causes that are responsible for your Dimplex electric fireplace remote not working are:
- Improper operation
- An outside source may be causing a radio frequency disturbance.
- The batteries could be dead.
- The remote may not be initialized with the fireplace.
- The remote may need replacement.
- The remote receiver could be broken and in need of replacement.
See which of the causes is applicable in your case. Eliminate the causes one by one. Reading the user’s manual to see if you are handling the remote correctly, replacing batteries, and checking if there’s any other source causing radio frequency disturbance is easy to do.
If your Dimplex electric fireplace is new, the most likely cause of your remote control transmitter not working is that you haven’t initialized the remote control to the fireplace. If you haven’t initialized your remote control, here’s how you do it.
- Make sure that the power supply through the main service panel is on.
- You’ll need to access the manual controls. For some models, you’ll have to pull down the grill or remove the glass doors. You may also need to pull out the right-side steel curtain.
- Find the manual controls.
- Turn on the main power switch.
- You’ll find a switch marked as ‘ON’. Press and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Press the ON button on the remote control. After this, your fireplace remote receiver will be synchronized with the transmitter.
If you have checked the first four causes and your remote is still not working, your remote possibly needs a replacement. After checking with a new remote, you’ll need to replace the remote receiver if the issue is still unfixed.
2. Dimplex Error Codes
If you’ve been using a Dimplex Electric Fireplace for a while, you may come across this issue. Your fireplace shows an error code on the LCD panel and you can’t adjust the temperature and set the timer of your fireplace.
Basically, your fireplace is locked down and you can’t get heat from it. Don’t worry if this happens. It is easily fixable and we’ll tell you how. But first, let’s have a look at what causes these errors to occur.
Reasons For Showing Error Codes:
Different error codes are displayed by a Dimplex fireplace. Dimplex uses a number system to indicate errors. Each number is assigned to a specific cause. Here’s a list of the error codes and their causes.
E1: This error indicates an open circuit or short circuit in the temperature sensor and PCB.
E2: Indicates open circuit or short circuit in temperature sensor, copper tube, and PCB.
E4: Indicates the internal water container is full. Refer to WATER DRAIN
E22: Component thermistor hardware fault
E30-34: Component overheat
E40: Internal serial communications error
E41: Heating element fault
E50: Open window detected
E52: Heat output disabled
E53: Time loss error
E54: Occupancy sensor not detected
E55: Unknown error
E60: Wireless communication module error
E61: Hub connection error
- Unplug the fireplace. Leave it unplugged for a minimum of 5 minute
- Plug it back in and turn your fireplace on. Check the heat settings to ensure it is running alright.
- If you’ve been using your fireplace continuously, this problem may reoccur once or twice. But if it is happening more than that, note down the serial number given at the back of your firebox. Let the Dimplex customer care know how often this issue is happening and they’ll fix the issue for you. You may need to replace a part of your fireplace.
3. Dimplex Heater Locked
The reasons behind your heater getting locked are:
- You may have enabled the child lock.
- You may have enabled PIN Lock.
How To Unlock Dimplex Heater
i) For Child lock
Press the back button and enter the button together. Hold for three seconds. The fireplace will be unlocked.
ii) For PIN Lock
- Press the Menu button.
- Select ‘Unlock’.
- Enter the PIN code. The device will be unlocked.
4. How To Reset Dimplex Heater
Here are the steps to reset a Dimplex Heater.
- Make sure you isolate the supply. You can turn off the power at the fusebox or the power inlet where your heater is plugged in.
- You’ll need to grab a grip. There are two screws on either side of the heater. Unscrew them with the grip.
- You can now easily remove the front cover of the heater. Hold the heater from both sides and lift the cover up to remove it.
- On the top of the heater, you’ll see the reset button.
- Use an insulated screwdriver to push the button down till you hear a click.
- Your heater will be reset. Now, put the front cover back on and screw it on tightly.
5. Dimplex Thermostat Troubleshooting
The LCD screen is blank or abnormal
- Make sure the thermostat is fully installed.
- Make sure that the power has been reconnected at the fuse or the circuit breaker.
- Your heater may have a power switch of its own. If it does, check that it is in the ON position.
Your thermostat housing is too hot for you to touch.
Actually, there is no solution to this issue. It is normal for the thermostat housing to reach a temperature of 45-50 degrees Centigrade while working at full capacity. You don’t have to worry about this. The heating of the thermostat doesn’t affect its operation.
However, you should be careful to keep any flammable or heat-sensitive material away from the thermostat housing.
The bottom pane of the LCD is blinking.
Don’t press any buttons for 16 seconds. You’ll see that the display has returned to the “current temperature mode” on its own.
You can’t change the temperature settings.
Check that the temperature is within the acceptable range of 5-35 degrees Centigrade.
6. Dimplex Electric Fireplace No Flame/Frozen
When you find Dimplex electric fire flame effect not working, the followings may be the cause:
- The wiring is loose.
- The flicker motor may be defective.
- The LED driver board may be defective.
- Check whether the wiring is loose. If so, fix it.
- If the flicker motor or LED driver board is defective, you may have to replace them.
7. Unit Turns On/Off By Itself
Your Dimplex is turning on and off by itself due to:
- The remote control of the fireplace has the same frequency as any other remote control transmitter in your house.
- Outside radio frequency disturbances.
- The fireplace remote receiver may be broken.
- Try replacing the remote control. Don’t forget to initialize the new remote control to the receiver.
- You will need to replace the remote control receiver if that doesn’t work.
How Do You Clean a Dimplex Heater?
Here are the steps to clean a Dimplex electric heater:
- Turn off the power supply. Wait for the heater to cool.
- Take a clean microfiber duster. Remove loose dust with it.
- With a damp sponge, wipe down the surface of the heater. Let the heater dry.
- If your heater has a cover, remove it. Use a compressed air duster on the heater’s interior compartment. This will clean the loose dirt as well as any debris that’s in there.
- For an uncovered space heater, the process is different. The heater’s vents and slats should be cleaned with the nozzle of the compressed air duster. You can clean out the heating element if needed, by spraying air on it.
- Next, take a vacuum that has a brush attached to the hose. Delicately remove dust from the interior of the heater by vacuuming. While vacuuming a space heater, focus on the vents of the heater. Vacuum away all dirt from there.
- Except for coverless electric space heaters, at this stage, you can clean any heater’s interior surface with a damp sponge. After wiping down, let it dry.
- If your heater has a cover, vacuum it to clean and use brush attachments to remove dirt from the fins before putting it back on. Use brush attachments to remove dirt from the fins.
Is It OK To Leave An Electric Fireplace On all Night?
There is no reason why you can’t keep it on except for the following situations:
- If you are using an extension cord for your fireplace, it isn’t safe to keep it on overnight.
- Also, if your fireplace smells a bit weird or isn’t functioning properly, don’t keep it on overnight.
However, it is best practice if you turn it off when you won’t be in the room or will be sleeping. For one thing, it will raise your utility bills a lot. You can save yourself a lot of money and worry if you set your fireplace’s climatic controls at a medium temperature. In this setting, your fireplace will turn off automatically when your room is adequately heated.
Where is my Dimplex serial number?
You can find it in three different places. They are on top of the unit or the right-hand side of the unit or the behind the control unit.
Dimplex electric fireplaces are one of the best in the market. Yet, you may sometimes feel difficulty in operating it. Hopefully, our guide on Dimplex electric fireplace troubleshooting will help you whenever you face any issues.
If you have any further queries, feel free to comment below. We’ll try our best to help you out.