Furrion Fireplace has a good reputation apart from a few issues. One of the most prominent mishaps is the Furrion Fireplace Flashing Red Light. This is pretty basic for an electric fireplace. It indicated that your Furrion Fireplace is overheated.
Now, your Furrion Fireplace can get pretty hot for several reasons. These included obstructed airways, faulty sensors, and clogged sensors. The relieving part is, that you can fix it all by yourself. Follow this article to find a fitting solution to your Furrion Electric Fireplace problem.
Furrion Fireplace Flashing Red Light [3 Easy Solutions]
As you are now aware of the causes behind the red light problem, let’s explore the solutions.
1. Blocked Airway
A blocked airway is perhaps the biggest reason for the fireplace being overheated. In such cases, you will have to eliminate the obstacle. Either some foreign object is blocking the ventilation, or dirt and debris have blocked the entire airway. Whatever the case is, you will have to ensure that the airway is never covered.
As your Furrion Fireplace is now overheated, you will have to reset the fireplace first, and then clear the cause of the clog. Follow the said instructions step-by-step to find a remedy.
- Pull out the plug and disconnect your Furrion Electric Fireplace.
- Now, let it cool down for at least 15 minutes.
- Open up the vent and look for dirt and debris. Clean it with a vacuum cleaner along with the blower fan.
- As all the components are cleaned, place the vent back again.
- Make sure that your ventilation passage is not blocked in any circumstances. Maintain a 6-inch distance from the vents. Keep your children away from the fireplace when it is operational.
Note: Read to know how to fix Furrion Fireplace won’t turn on issue.
2. Faulty Proximity Sensors
A proximity sensor can detect any presence of objects nearby. This technology is normally used in smart devices. However, the proximity sensor of your Furrion Electric Fireplace is designed to detect any objects that might be covering the airway.
A faulty proximity sensor can be an issue for flashing the red light. You can follow the solution to clear this problem.
- You can’t do much if the proximity sensor of your Furrion Electric Fireplace is defective. In such cases, you will have to replace the sensor. Contact your Furrion Electric Fireplace Manufacturers to find a replacement.
3. Debris Blocking the Sensors
Now, another possible reason for the proximity sensor malfunction is debris. You see, the proximity sensor is covered by a mesh. The mesh is provided to protect the sensor from heat.
But, dirt and debris can block the mesh, resulting in false activation of the sensor. To avoid this matter, follow the said instructions.
- First, turn off the fireplace and pull the plug out.
- Let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Make sure that the fireplace is completely cooled down. Now, cut off the mesh carefully. Take a blow dryer or vacuum cleaner and clean the sensor thoroughly.
- Clear any blocked components before reassembling your Furrion Fireplace.
How To Clean Your Furrion Electric Fireplace
It is pretty easy to clean your Furrion Electric Fireplace. However, there is a hiccup. You see, your electric fireplace has several components which are very fragile. Our experts do not recommend removing the protective glass.
But, in desperate cases, you can clean your Furrion Electric Fireplace all by yourself. Follow these easy steps to perform a cleaning maneuver.
- Turn off the fireplace and pull out the plug.
- Let it cool down for 15 minutes. Then, take out the front panel and the protective glass very carefully.
- Clean the front panel with a cleaning solution. You can use soap water if necessary. But, you will have to dry it properly before reassembling it.
- Now, be mindful of the interior as the components are delicate. Take a soft cloth to wipe out the interior. For the blower fan, you can use a vacuum cleaner to clean the dirt.
- Always make sure that you recheck all the wirings before reassembling the components.
Why is your Furrion Fireplace not working?
It might be overheated or facing a fatal power outage. In either case, go through an investigation, mark the problem and take the necessary steps to solve the issues. In many cases, a hard reset can do the job for you.
What is the coverage area of a Furrion Electric Fireplace?
A Furrion Electric Fireplace can cover up to 500 sq. feet. You can easily use it for your household.
Can you leave your Furrion Fireplace on all night?
It is not ideal to leave your Furrion Electric Fireplace on all night. Experts recommend turning the heater off before going to bed. Nonetheless, your heater is built to last the entire night anyway.
After reading the entire article, you can now solve the Furrion Fireplace flashing red light problem. In addition to that, if you are facing other issues related to your electric fireplace, don’t hesitate to hit us.
Our exciting panel of experts is working round the clock to solve your problem in no time. Lastly, share your thoughts in the comment section down below. Stay Safe!