Harman pellet stove won’t ignite a big issue, and you need to keep your attention to some facts. The leading causes are no power supply, low air adjustment, bad pellets, and faulty fuel feeding. Also, defective igniters and burn pots won’t let the stove ignite.
Don’t get in trouble. We are here for you to bring this exclusive guide on Harman Pellet Stove troubleshooting. So, don’t be late and start reading the article sensibly.
Harman Pellet Stove Won’t Ignite [5 Easy Solutions]
Here, we have assembled all the solution steps most straightforwardly. All will surely become understandable to you. So, let’s get started.
1. No Power Supply
If there is any problem with your electric power system, the stove will not ignite. To operate any appliance, it needs enough and an effective power supply. But if there are any faults or low supply, the appliance will fail to start or be well-operating.
Thus, in the case of the stove not igniting, you need to pay attention to the electrical system. There have may several faults. Like:
- Worn-out wires
- Tripped circuit breaker
- Blown Fuse
- Defective power cable
- Insecure power cord connection
Now go through the below process to check the above faults and how to fix them:
- First of all, check the power cord. If you find any damage or brown stains, be sure it is defective. Replace it.
- Next, check the circuit breaker. Make sure there are no tripped controls. If yes, reset the breaker.
- Also, in the case of a faulty breaker, you have to replace it.
- Now, it’s time to check the fuse and its electrical components. Replace the blown fuses.
- Finally, make sure that you are plugging the power cord securely while connecting the stove.
2. Low Air Flowing
Low air adjustment is another main reason for causing igniting issues on the pellet stove. For properly burning, it will need enough air flowing throughout the unit. Now let’s know where there is low air flowing on your pellet stove:
- Blocked air holes
- Shoots debris is stuck in the air inlet pipe.
- Leakage in the door seal
- Clogged venting system
- Faulty control board
- Defective exhaust blower.
Now fix quickly by following suggested methods:
- Start by checking the door seal. Repair the leakage of the door, if you find any.
- Now, come to the air holes. Remove all obstructions from the hole. Make sure you clean it properly.
- Then, take a look at the air inlet pile. Unclogged the pipe by well cleaning.
- Don’t forget to clean the vents.
- Finally, check the control board and exhaust blower. If it is not spinning well, be sure the control board is not working well.
- Replace the control board.
3. Faulty Fuel Feeding
Fuel feeding is one of the vital parts of any pellet stove. If this process performs well, you will get the best smoking result. In pellet stoves, we primarily use wood pellets as fuel.
If pellets are feeding well, your stove starts malfunctioning, including not igniting. There are many reasons for faulty fuel feeding. Have a look at all of them before moving through solutions:
- Empty hopper
- Using low-quality pellets
- Damp pellets
- Having clinkers or other glass-like byproducts in the hopper
- Defective hopper
Don’t worry. Follow the below effective procedures to break down the pellet problem:
- First of all, inspect the hopper and check out the fuel situation there and hopper also.
- In the case of a cracked hopper, either repair or replace it.
- If there are low or insufficient pellets in there, fill it to the adequate amount.
- But before that, check the pellets as well. If the pellets are high in moisture content or damp, throw them out. They are useless and buy well dry ones.
- Also, always use A1 class pellets for burning. Low-quality pellets show several malfunctions in the stove.
- Before placing pellets, make sure there are no clinkers in the hopper.
- Now, close the hopper, and ignite the stove.
4. Pellet Stove Igniter Not Working
It is said to be the main reason for igniting problems. As igniters are directly connected to the ignition system, it will not let the stove ignite if there are any defects. If the igniters are blocked with ashes and debris, they will not properly work.
Also, if there is no power supply in the igniters, you will face the same. In some cases, damaged or cracked igniters will be the culprit. Anyway, if your stove is not lighting or igniting after a long trial, it’s time to check the ignition system of your stove.
Have a look through below for knowing the right processes to check it:
- First, inspect the igniters.
- Clean all the placed ashes and debris properly. Make sure it is cleaned now.
- Now, take an ohmmeter and start reading the ohms of igniters. It should be 50 ohms in the meter. Otherwise, you have to replace it.
- If you find the right reading, check the igniters on all sides. When you see any cracks or damages in the igniters, replace them right now.
- Then, make sure all the attached wires are working well. Replace all worn-out wires.
- Now, reassemble the stove, and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
5. Defective Burn pot
Sometimes, we don’t concentrate on the burn pot when the stove is not igniting. But it can be the culprit for igniting system. If there are any defects or wear-holes over the burn pot, it will not ignite the stove. So, to fix the problem, keep your attention to your burn pot as well.
- First of all, inspect the burn for properly checking.
- Remove all the clogged debris from the burn potholes.
- Now check the pot. If you find any cracks or damage there, it needs replacement.
- Don’t forget to check the burn pot surface in this case.
Is Harman pellet stove the best?
Haman pellets stove is featured with all high-quality technology and materials. It has gained well reviews for fast operating, efficiency, and durability. Thus, buying a Harman pellet stove will be worth it.
Why is my pellet stove keeps shutting off?
A dirty pellet stove and its compartment is the main reason for this. Other possible causes include pellets problems, faulty stove wiring, low air adjustment, and defective combustion chamber.
Hopefully, our comprehensive guide has been helpful enough for you, and now your pellet stove is free of igniting issues.
If still, there have any queries in your mind, don’t hesitate to let us through the comment. We will be happy to help you.