Are you wondering about the Harman pellet stove won’t turn off? The major reason for causing such an issue includes a defective lower limit switch and malfunctioning of the thermostat. Sometimes, the faulty ESP sensor of the Harman pellet stove will not let the stove shut down.
Don’t get in trouble anymore. We are here to bring the complete solution to this problem. So, no more delay, let’s get started.
Harman Pellet Stove Won’t Turn Off [5 Easy Solutions]
Here, you will get 5 quick solutions that will help you to break down the problem surely. Don’t miss a single from this Harman Pellet Stove troubleshooting guide.
1. Defective Low-limit Switch
In every pellet stove, including the Harman model, you will find a lower limit switch which is called proof of fire. It is primarily a white ceramic disk that is mounted to the exhaust fan housing and also has two wires going through it. The switch is controlled by the heat production of the stove. If this effective switch becomes faulty, ultimately, your stove will fail to power off. There are several reasons behind this issue. Like:
- Broken switch
- Cracked or damaged wiring
- Switch stuck in the close position
- Defective switch surface.
Now fix the issue by following methods:
- First, locate the lower limit switch of your pellet stove.
- Then, you remove one wire from it.
- Right after then, the pellet will turn off.
- Now, it is time to replace this lower limit switch.
- Contact manufacture for consulting to buy a new one that will fit your model.
2. Malfunctioning of Thermostat
The second major reason is the malfunctioning of the thermostat. In every pellet stove, there use a thermostat for automatic operation. Basically, it collects the temperature of your current room and adjusts the output heat from the unit in order to set your desired temperature.
When your pellet stove doesn’t turn off after long trying, it indicates the damage to this thermostat. Either it is broken or the attached wires may worn out. Anyway, fix this serious issue by below steps:
- First of all, remove wires or jumper of the thermostat.
- Your pellet stove will turn off.
- Then, unscrew the damaged thermostat.
- Now check the wiring. Replace all the worn-out wires from it.
- If needed, replace it with a new one and connect it with your stove.
- Now, turn on the stove and start operating.
- If still, there is a turning off problem, go through our below process.
3. Faulty ESP Sensor
In every pellet stove, there has an Exhaust Sensing Probe (ESP) system featuring advanced technology. ESP sensor of the pellet stove delivers precision heating control. It captures the heat of the current room and helps to adjust the heat output. Also, it maintains set room temperatures within 1 degree.
This sensor looks for the lowest temperature to cut off the power. But if there is overheat throughout the system, the sensor will not find its required temperature and continue the stove forever. So, mainly overheating is the culprit of this sensor. The system will become overheat because of:
- Lack of airflow
- Blocked air vents
- Clogged combustion or exhaust blower
Anyway, it’s time to time to fix this issue. Here is the effective step that will help you out:
- At first, turn off the stove by disconnecting any wires.
- When you turn off it, let it be cool.
- Then, check the air vents first. Clean all the clogged debris from it.
- Also, inspect the combustion blower and clean it out as well.
- Now, come to the ESP probe. You have to replace it if you find any default here.
- Hopefully, you will not face this kind of issue again. If still happening, check out our below section.
4. Bad Control Board
When the above all process fails, it’s time to keep your attention to the control board of your pellet. Actually, it controls all the heating systems of the stove. When it fails to select higher or lower heat ranges, it starts malfunctioning. In that case, you will face the turning-off issue.
To prevent the problem, simply replace the bad control board. Contact manufacturer if needed.
5. Contact Harman Dealer
This is the last step when you are still troubled with such an issue. If your stove doesn’t turn off by all operations, don’t unplug it from the main socket.
It will catch severe damage to the entire component of the pellet stove. Lastly, contact Harman pellet stove dealer to troubleshoot this problem.
How to turn off the Harman pellet stove?
You can turn off your pellet stove manually. Just press the ON / OFF button, and the pellets will stop feeding. When the stove cools down, it will shut down.
Will a pellet stove shut off when it runs out of pellets?
The stove operates by the pellets feeding system. When there is insufficient pellet or run-out of pellets in the hopper, it will turn off by itself.
Hopefully, our guide has much helpful to you. We can expect you are now free of any issue with your Harman pellet stove. Don’t forget to share your valuable thought about this article.
Also, if there is any query regarding this, just let us know through comment. Thank you for being with us.