Table of Contents
- How to Use a Bradley Smoker [7 Easy Steps]
- 12 Parts for the Bradley Digital Smoker Manual Package and Uses
- 8 Steps to Set up the Bradley Digital Smoker
- Safety Tips and Precautions
- How long does it take to preheat the Bradley smoker?
- Should you clean your Bradley smoker?
- How to clean the Bradley smoker?
- Do you use water in a smoker?
- How many pucks does the Bradley smoker use?
- Can you use pellets in Bradley smoker?
- Are Bradley smokers any good?
How to Use a Bradley Smoker [7 Easy Steps]
Cooking in a Bradley smoker is very simple and does not require too much work compared to traditional smokers. Get your meat and vegetables ready and proceed with the cooking in 10 easy steps-
Step 1: Season & Preheat the Smoker
Clean the inside of the smoker before you start cooking. Make sure there is no dirt or grease inside. After cleaning, season the smoker with some cooking spray. You can use vegetable oil, sesame oil or canola oil.
Then pre-heat the smoker for at least 1 or 2 hours before putting the food inside. Once you reach the cooking temperature, place your marinated food inside.
Step 2: Fill the Water Tray
Before you start smoking your food, pour some water into the water tray. The water tray will collect debris from the pucks and grease. Make sure you place the water tray in the middle. You might have to change and refill the water if you think it’s dirty. It’s better to refill the water tray after every 2 hours.
Step 3: Put the Pucks inside the Tower
Start putting the pucks one by one inside the tower. You need 3 pucks to burn for at least an hour. Put the pucks according to the number of hours you need for cooking the meal. You can put 1 or 2 extra pucks inside the tower, just in case.
Step 4: Turn on the Smoke Generator
Push the left red button to turn on the smoke generator. The pucks will start burning. You have to push out the first puck, the others will burn automatically.
Step 5: Brush Some Oil on the Cooking Trays
Before placing the food, brush some oil on the trays. There are 3 to 6 racks for cooking the food. Place the food tray on any of the racks. If you are cooking multiple meals, you can just place the food separately on the other racks.
And never keep the door open when the food is cooking. You can open the doors now and then to check on the food. Watch the smoke coming out of the top and check if you need to adjust the temperature.
Step 6: Set the Temperature
Bradley smoker temperature settings is simple while cooking. Simply set the temperature to 220 degrees. This is the best temperature if you are smoking food like meat and other poultry items and have juicy smoked result.
Step 7: Turn off the Smoker when the Food is Ready
Once your food is ready, turn off all the buttons before you bring out the food. Remember the cooking trays are very hot and you should wear oven mitts before touching it. Turning off the buttons will prevent you from shocks and cool off the smoker.
Just follow the above instructions step by step and enjoy cooking delicious food without a mess or extra hassle!
12 Parts for the Bradley Digital Smoker Manual Package and Uses
Now that you know how to use a Bradley smoker, you should also get familiar with all the parts of the smoker and learn what they do. If you have no idea about the accessories, you won’t be able to use the smoker. Check the parts and accessories before you use them. Here’s a list of the accessories that come with a Bradley smoker:
- 500-watt heating element: This is the main electrical appliance that heats the smoker.
- Long power cord: The long power cord connects the digital smoker generator with the unit.
- Short power cord: The short power cord also connects the digital smoker generator with the power source unit.
- Cooking racks: There are 6 cooking trays for cooking different items separately.
- Rectangular bottom tray: The rectangular tray is put at the bottom to protect the base unit.
- Drip tray: The drip tray drips all the juices and greases down to the drip bowl.
- Drip bowl: The drip bowl collects all the juices from the food making sure they are not wasted.
- Bisquette burner: The bisquette burner is where all the smoker pucks burn.
- Flavor Bisquettes: The flavor bisquettes are put inside the smoke tower and they keep burning one after one.
- Porcelain holder: The porcelain holder is safe for holding the burner.
- Door hinge: The door hinge swing opens the door smoothly which is attached to the smoker.
- Drive guide: The drive guide consists of instructions for setting up the digital smoker.
When you are familiar with the different Bradley smoker parts and what they do, you are ready to set it up! Remember to go through the Bradley smoker instructions manual before you start. When you are familiar with the different Bradley smoker parts and what they do, you are ready to set it up! Remember to go through the Bradley smoker instructions manual before you start.
8 Steps to Set up the Bradley Digital Smoker
It takes about 20 minutes only to set up the Bradley smoker. Keep all the Bradley smoker parts ready to attach and follow these 8 steps to set up your smoker-
Step 1: Place the digital smoker generator on the side of the unit properly.
Step 2: Check for the hooks and the space provided for other parts.
Step 3: Put the smoke tower in the middle top hole of the digital smoke generator and press it inside.
Step 4: Plug the sensor cable to the back of the unit from the back of the smoker generator.
Step 5: Plug and join the power cord from the back of the generator to the PowerPoint.
Step 6: Put the cooking racks on the top shelves.
Step 7: Put the drip tray under the cooking trays and rectangular tray.
Step 8: At last, put the drip bowl at the very bottom.
Follow these 8 easy steps and you will complete setting up the Bradley digital smoker manual! You can now enjoy cooking great food. You can check out the Bradley smoker cookbook for some amazing recipes and cooking tips!
Safety Tips and Precautions
Electrical equipment can be dangerous if you are not careful enough. It is wise to be cautious and know the basic tips to stay safe from all kinds of electrical or fire hazards. The Bradley digital smoker manual is easy to use but, there are some things to keep in mind for your safety.
Remember these important safety tips while using a Bradley smoker-
- Pre-heat the smoker for at least 1 or 2 hours before you start cooking.
- Never exceed 280 degrees of the heat temperature.
- Check up on the smoker frequently while there is food cooking inside.
- Change and refill the water bowl.
- Always use oven mitts while smoking food.
- Do not put aluminum foil inside the smoker.
- Never touch the cords with wet hands.
- Use oven-safe thermometers for measuring food temperature inside the smoker.
- Always disconnect the cords after operating the smoker.
- Clean the smoker regularly to prevent stickiness of oil and grease.
Cleaning your Bradley smoker regularly is mandatory for proper maintenance. You wouldn’t want to cook food in a dirty smoker with a stale and greasy surface. Right?
So, clean your smoker after every use. You can use a water and vinegar solution for cleaning the smoker. Other washing products with chemicals are harmful to the smoker. Here you can read our simple Bradley smoker cleaning guide for perfect cleaning.
How long does it take to preheat the Bradley smoker?
It takes about 1 to 2 hours to preheat the Bradley smoker before cooking. Make sure the burning puck is on.
Should you clean your Bradley smoker?
Yes, you should clean your Bradley smoker regularly. Oil and grease can leave stubborn stains inside the smoker hence cleaning Bradley smoker are mandatory.
How to clean the Bradley smoker?
Use a water and vinegar solution to clean the insides of the smoker thoroughly once in a while. You can use a dry piece of cloth to wipe doors and surfaces regularly.
Do you use water in a smoker?
Yes, you have to use water for the smoker. You have to put 1-2 liters of water in the water and refill when it is necessary.
How many pucks does the Bradley smoker use?
In one hour, the Bradley smoker needs 3 pucks to burn. Each puck burns for around 20 minutes.
Can you use pellets in Bradley smoker?
Yes, you can use pellets in Bradley smoker but make sure they are 100% pure wood.
Are Bradley smokers any good?
Bradley smokers are some of the best smokers with amazing benefits. Bradley smokers are great for their advanced digital system and it is easy to use.
The Bradley digital smoker is one of the best cooking equipment to have in your home for both indoor and outdoor use. You should know how to use a Bradley smoker before you are ready to cook those amazing smoked dishes you have in mind.
The 7 steps in this article are all you need to follow to cook delicious meals in a Bradley smoker! Do you think this article was helpful?
Let us know!