Char-Broil Electric Smoker is a widely accepted brand for offering tender juiciness and delicious smoked flavor with little practice. But as a new member of the BBQ world, we bet you are facing trouble while using your electric smoker for the first time.
And that’s the reason, you looking for Char Broil Electric Smoker Instructions. Don’t be concerned. Go on reading. You will learn everything to use your smoker like a pro.
Table of Contents
- Char Broil Electric Smoker Instructions-Step by Step
- Char Broil Electric Smoker Manual
- How to Use a Char Broil Electric Smoker [ 7 Easy Steps]
- 5 Char Broil Electric Smoker Troubleshooting
- Care & Maintenance Tips
- How do you preheat a char broil electric smoker?
- How do you use the char broil h20 electric smoker?
- Can you use wood pellets in a char broil electric smoker?
- Can you put pellets in an electric smoker?
- Do you need to preheat an electric smoker?
- Should the vent be open or closed on an electric smoker?
- How do you reset a char broil smoker?
- What is a char broil smoker?
- How often do you add water to an electric smoker?
- Can you use aluminium foil in an electric smoker?
- Should I use a water pan in an electric smoker?
Char Broil Electric Smoker Instructions-Step by Step
To change the game, we bring 4 Char-Broil Electric Smoker Instructions just for you. From this manual, you will learn:
- Char Broil Electric Smoker Manual
- How to Use a Char Broil Electric Smoker
- Char Broil Electric Smoker Troubleshooting
- Care & Maintenance Tips
So, stick with us till the end of this guide to be a master user of this electric smoker.
Char Broil Electric Smoker Manual
There is no hard and fast rule for using this Digital Electric Smoker. Just plug it in, set the cooking temperature, and wait till the end of the cooking time. You can easily get the best smoking result if you can be a master at controlling the unit. From this chapter, you can learn how to use the smart control, and how the buttons function.
The Digital Control Display Consists of the Following Buttons-
Power– Using it, you can turn the unit on and off.
Up– Can increase both time and temperature value.
Down– Let you decrease both time & temperature value.
Temp Button– Helps to adjust and set cooking temperature.
Time Button– Allow you to set the cooking time.
Meat Probe Button– You can customize targeted meat probe time.
- The temperature on the control panel you see may fluctuate from 10-15 degrees as the unit cycles to maintain the right cooking temp settings.
- You can input the settings using the TEMP, TIME, and Meat Probe Button once you turn the unit on.
- The control panel will display the cooking temperature in Fahrenheit.
- The heating element never starts to heat up until you set the Cooking Temp & Time or Meat Probe target temp & cook time.
How to Use a Char Broil Electric Smoker [ 7 Easy Steps]
Once you learn how to use the Smart Control panel, it’s time to cook with it. Below we will break down how to smoke meat with Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker.
Step 1. Season Your Smoker First
Before using your smoker for the first time, make sure you season it at the highest temp (275 degrees F.). Seasoning the smoker will help to burn off the leftover remaining during the manufacturing process. Here is the step by step guide on how to season a new smoker:
- Ensure both the water and smoker box are in their place and both of them are empty.
- Plug the unit into a secure outlet. You can hear a beep when you plugged it in.
- Tap on the Power button to turn the unit on.
- Use the Temp button and set the temperature to 275 degrees Fahrenheit using the Up and Down button.
- Press on the Time button and set the cooking time to 2 hours.
- After the period, leave your smoker to let it cook by turning the unit off.
- Now, your smoker is ready to cook.
Step 2. Fill Your Char-Broil Smoker Box with Wood Chips
Once you season your smoker, it’s time to fill the smoker box with wood chips. By adding wood chips, you can achieve your desired flavor. Make sure you don’t overload the box with wood chips. Then, place the smoker box where it was.
Step 3. Preheat Your Smoker
Preheating the smoker is a must-cooking step. It helps to make the cooking chamber hot and allows the wood chips to smoke. Here is the Char-Broil Electric Smoker Preheat Instructions:
- Tap on the TEMP Button
- Hold down the Up or Down button until you can see the PH letters appear on the display.
- Set the PH by pressing the TEMP button again.
- You can’t see the temperature during the preheat cycle.
- The preheat cycle will automatically start.
- The Preheat Cycle will run for 40 minutes and the process will end after that time. After the end of the Preheat Cycle, you are ready to use your smoker.
Step 4. Choose the Cooking Method
Char-Broil Smoker offers two cooking methods- cooking with Timer and cooking with Meat Probe. In this section, we will show you how to set the Timer and cook with it.
- First off, hold on to the TEMP button and you can see a blinking “00:00” on the display.
- Use the Up or Down button and input desired cooking time. Then, press the Time button again to set the cooking hour.
- Now, it’s time to set the minute portion. So, tap on the Up and Down button again and enter the cooking minute. Afterwards, click on the Time button again to set the minute.
- After making these adjustments, the display will show the Set Cooking Temperature and the elapsed time.
Step 5. Set the Temperature
No matter which cooking method you choose to cook, it’s important to know how to set the temperature. Here is the step by step guide to adjust the temperature:
- Press the TEMP button.
- Use the Up and Down button to adjust the cooking temperature.
- Finally, tap on the TEMP button again to set the desired cooking temperature.
Don’t know what will be the temperature level to cook rib, fish, or pork? Then, check out the below screenshot to learn about cooking temperature and cooking time.
|Meat||Meat Cut||Cooking Temp||Cooking Time||Target Temp|
|Pork||Butt (Pulled)||225 Degrees F.||90-120 Mins Per Pound||205 Degrees|
|Butt (Sliced)||225 Degrees F.||90-120 Mins Per Pound||180 Degrees|
|Spare Ribs||225 Degrees F.||5-7 Hours (Total)||190 Degrees|
|Baby Back Ribs||225 Degrees F.||4-6 Hours (Total)||190 Degrees|
|Beef||Brisket (Pulled)||225 Degrees F.||70-90 Mins Per Pound||200 Degrees|
|Brisket (Sliced)||225 Degrees F.||70-90 Mins Per Pound||190 Degrees|
|Ribs||225 Degrees F.||3-4 Hours||175 Degrees|
|Poultry||Chicken (Whole)||250 Degrees F.||30-45 Mins Per Pound||165 Degrees|
|Turkey (Whole)||250 Degrees F.||30-45 Mins Per Pound||165 Degrees|
|Fish||225 Degrees F.||40-60 Mins Per Pound||150 Degrees|
Step 6. Load the Cooking Chamber with Meat
Now, it’s time to cook your meat. Season the meat properly you are going to smoke. Then, place them on the cooking racks. Don’t overload the racks with meat. Cook the meat until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Of course, don’t forget to add wood chips if required.
Step 7. Ready to Eat
When you are done, remove the food from the smoker and serve it, and share it with the forks.
Note: Don’t forget to turn the unit off and detach it from the electric outlet.
5 Char Broil Electric Smoker Troubleshooting
Here are some common problems, their causes, and the solution to those issues.
Troubleshoot 1. Smoker is not Heating
The possible reasons behind this problem are:
- Your smoker is turned off.
- No Power
- Faulty heating element or controller
- Switch on the smoker
- Check whether the circuit breakers are ok or not. If required, replace it.
- Try to plug into a known outlet.
- Replace the heating element.
Troubleshoot 2. Circuit Breaker Trips or Fuse Blows
- You plugged in another electric appliance from the same circuit.
- There is water in the controller
- Damaged electric cord or connection
- Use a separate outlet for the smoker.
- Make sure all electrical components are dry.
- Replace the damaged electric cord.
Troubleshoot 3. Smoker doesn’t cook properly
- The smoker door remains open
- You don’t preheat the smoker properly or set the temperature too low.
- Faulty Extension cord
- Make sure the door is closed while cooking.
- Preheat your smoker before cooking with it.
- Use an appropriate cord.
Troubleshoot 4. Flare-Ups
- Set the temperature to the highest settings
- Too much fat in meat
- Build up grease inside your smoker
- Set the temperature to low
- Cut fat from the meat
- Clean your smoker
Troubleshoot 5. No Display
- Faulty thermostat or it gets damaged completely
- Replace and get a new thermostat
Care & Maintenance Tips
With proper care and maintenance, you can use your electric smoker for years. Follow the below preservation tips to keep your smoker well.
- Turn off your smoker and plug it out from the electric outlet when it is not in use.
- After every cook, clean your smoker like the cooking grates, water pan, and wood chips. You can use soapy water to clean them.
- Never clean the interior of your smoker. Use a damp cloth to weep away the inside of the smoker.
- Don’t use the smoker in the rain.
- Clean the exterior part of the smoker with a damp washcloth.
How do you preheat a char broil electric smoker?
Follow the below steps to preheat your Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker:
- Press the TEMP Button
- Keep pressing the Up or Down button till you see the blinking PH letters.
- Tap on the Temp button again to set the PH
- Now, the preheat cycle will run for 40 minutes.
How do you use the char broil h20 electric smoker?
The way of using Char-Broil h20 electric smoker:
- Soak the wood chips
- Use vegetable oils and coat the inside of your smoker by spraying the oil.
- Plugin your smoker.
- Load the cooking grids with meat.
- Check your food temperature
Can you use wood pellets in a char broil electric smoker?
Char-Broil Electric Smoker is specially designed to use wood chips for generating heat and smoke. So, you can’t use wood pellets as a source of smoke or heat.
Can you put pellets in an electric smoker?
Most electric smokers are designed to use wood chips only. However, you can use pellets but in a limited way. For example, use only five to six-piece of wood pellets. Never overdose the smoker box with wood pellets.
Do you need to preheat an electric smoker?
Yes, you must preheat your smoker every time you cook with it. It helps to warm the cooking chamber and allows the wood chips to produce smoke well.
Should the vent be open or closed on an electric smoker?
Experts recommend opening the vent fully to avoid the risk of building creosote.
How do you reset a char broil smoker?
Press and hold down the start or stop button for about 10 seconds. Your smoker will now reset automatically.
What is a char broil smoker?
Char-Broil is a brand name. It makes BBQ components like Grill & Smoker, electric smoker, and a lot. Should I clean the inside of your electric smoker? Yes, you should clean the inside of your smoker. First off, make sure it is cool and remove the cooking grates. Afterward, use a damp cloth to clean the interior.
How often do you add water to an electric smoker?
You can add a cup of water every hour. However, it’s an optional step if you use a Char-Broil electric smoker. Should you buy a Traeger pellet smoker? Yes, you can buy a Traeger Pellet Smoker to enjoy the best cooking & smoking meat.
Can you use aluminium foil in an electric smoker?
You can use aluminium foil in an electric smoker as it doesn’t bring any significant health issues.
Should I use a water pan in an electric smoker?
Yes, you should use a water pan in your electric smoker as it prevents the inside from drying out. However, using a water pan will be optional if your use a smoker from Char-Broil.
As a beginner, using an electric smoker and cooking food with it can be tricky. When it comes to using the Char-Broil Smoker, it’s a must to learn how to use the smoker before smoking with it. Many users may find it a bit confusing because of its two cooking methods- cooking with Timer and cooking with Metal Probe.
However, we broke down everything and provided a step-by-step guide on using the Char-Broil Electric Smoker. From setting up the Control Panel or maintenance guide, we discussed everything you need to know.
Now, it’s time to bring out your smoker in your backyard and start using the smoker to cook your first meat. Alternatively, if you have any questions about Charbroil Smoker, let us know by leaving a comment below.