Smoke Hollow Electric Smoker is well-known for its affordable price, ease of use, and offers delicious & tendered smoking results. But if it’s your first smoker & never smoke before, you must learn how to use smoke hollow electric smoker. Otherwise, you fail to smoke your meat evenly using this smoker.
From this guide, we let you know:
- Simple Ways to Use Smoke Hollow Smoker
- Safety Tips
- Care & Maintenance Guide
So, scroll down and read this article from top to bottom.
Table of Contents
- How to Use Smoke Hollow Electric Smoker: 7 Steps to Know
- Safety Tips
- Care & Maintenance Guide
- Is Smoke Hollow a good brand?
- Is smoke hollow made by masterbuilt?
- Where are smoke-hollow smokers made?
- How do you set up a smoke-hollow electric smoker?
- Can you use pellets in a smoke-hollow electric smoker?
- Why choose the smoke hollow es230b, digital electric smoker?
- Can you get a smoke ring with an electric smoker?
- Do you put water in the electric smoker?
- Do you preheat electric smoker with wood chips?
- Does Masterbuilt own smoke hollow?
How to Use Smoke Hollow Electric Smoker: 7 Steps to Know
This chapter will highlight the proper way of using an electric smoker, coming from Smoke Hollow.
Step 1: Cure Your Smoker First
Before using this smoker for the first time, make sure you cure it. Otherwise, the paint, dust, and residue left during the manufacturing process will mix with cooked food. And consequently, you will get bitter-tested smoking results.
Here is How You Can Cure Your Smoker:
- Pull out the water pan from the smoker.
- Coat the smoker’s interior like cooking grates, side rack, and the cabinet with vegetable oil.
- Plug the electric cord into a standard outlet.
- Burn your smoker at its highest temperature (300 degrees F.) for 45 to 60 minutes. It will help burn off the paint, dust, or residue left during the manufacturing process.
- Lastly, let the smoker cool enough and clean the interior of your smoker.
Step 2: Add Wood Chips & Fill the Water Pan
- First off, remove the wood chip pan and the water pan by opening the door.
- Secondly, pull out the lid from the wood chip pan and fill it with wood chips. Then, replace it where it was.
- Thirdly, fill the water pan with water.
Note: Be careful when filling the pan with water, make sure water doesn’t spill onto the electric element & controller.
Step 3: Adjust the Height of the Cooking Grid Support Brackets
Remove the cooking grid and customize its grid support brackets to the desired height for the meat or food you will cook.
Step 4: Place Your Meat on Cooking Grids
Keep the meat or food on the cooking grid in a single layer and make sure there is enough room between items. Doing so will help to smoke & moisture the food evenly. Then, slide the grid into the wire cooking grid support brackets.
Step 5: Close the Door & Plug it into a Standard Outlet
Once you load the cooking grid with food, close the door. Then, plug your smoker into an electric outlet. Ensure the outlet is grounded and wired for 120 volts. Also, make sure the outlet is GFCI protected at 15 or 20 amps.
Note: Never operate the unit on the same circuit as other electric appliances.
Step 6: Adjust the Electric Controller & Add Water or Wood Chips if Required
The next step is to customize the electric controller to its highest position. The ideal temperature for smoking meat is 220-250 F. You can find a heat indicator on the smoker’s front. It will let you know when your smoker reaches the desired cooking temperature.
Let your meat cook for 30-45 minutes. Check the water level periodically and add if required. Make sure you wear a safety glove when adding water. Therefore, don’t forget to add wood chips if needed. Plus, you have to ensure wood chips burn slowly. Otherwise, you won’t get the perfect smoky flavor and taste.
Step 7: Use a Meat Thermometer & Turn the Unit Off
To see whether the meat is cooked entirely or not, use a meat thermometer to check the food temperature. Yes, the heat indicator also shows the approximate temperature inside the smoker. But it will never provide an accurate result.
Finally, turn the unit off once you cook the food evenly. To do so, set the controller knob to the Off position and unplug your electric smoker.
Maintain the following tips to use the electric smoker safely.
- Let the entire unit cool before cleaning it.
- You must remove hot ashes, embers, and coals before storing this electric fireplace.
- Never operate the smoker if there is any crack or damage to the electric cord.
- Don’t dip the electric controller or the heating element with water.
- Make sure you unplug the electric smoker from the outlet when you don’t use it.
- Ensure you store the smoker in a dry location free from the touch of your children.
Care & Maintenance Guide
Follow the steps below to clean & maintain your electric smoker:
- Use soapy water to wash your smoker’s water pan, wood tray, and cooking grids. Then, allow them to dry.
- Coat the cooking grid with vegetable oil to prevent the food from sticking to it.
- Paint with heat-resistant paint if the exterior of the smoker gets rusty.
- Never paint your smoker’s interior. If the internal part gets corroded, coat the rusted area with cooking spray.
- Clean the heating element with a damp cloth after each use.
Is Smoke Hollow a good brand?
Smoke Hollow is suitable for its industry-standard electric smoker at an affordable price. However, it will not be an ideal option if you look for a smoker that’s digital controller builds for the last.
Is smoke hollow made by masterbuilt?
Yes, MasterBuilt makes the Smoke Hollow Electric Smoker.
Where are smoke-hollow smokers made?
Smoke Hollow smokers are made in China.
How do you set up a smoke-hollow electric smoker?
Follow the below steps to set up the Smoker Hollow smoker:
- Plug the unit into an outlet.
- Add wood chips & fill the water pan.
- Turn the unit on and burn it for 45-60 minutes..
Can you use pellets in a smoke-hollow electric smoker?
Yes, you can use the best quality wood pellets in your Smoke Hollow electric smoker. Before doing that, it would be wise to know some pro tips for using pellets in an electric smoker. Well, the manufacturer recommends using wood chips because they provide more strong and more consistent smoky results in an electric smoker. Plus, they have small holes for ventilation which is not suitable for wood pellets.
Why choose the smoke hollow es230b, digital electric smoker?
It’s environment-friendly and offers you the natural flavored smoking result as the charcoal grill does. That’s why you should choose the Smoke Hollow es230b.
Can you get a smoke ring with an electric smoker?
It’s rare to get a smoke ring on your meat if you use an electric smoker. However, you can get it if you add wood chips and charcoal to the wood tray.
Do you put water in the electric smoker?
The electric smoker comes with a water pan. So, you can put water in the pan. However, be careful when adding water so that water doesn’t spill on the heating element.
Do you preheat electric smoker with wood chips?
It’s a must to preheat your electric smoker before the first use to remove the paint, dust, and residue remaining during the manufacturing process.
Does Masterbuilt own smoke hollow?
Yes, Masterbuilt owns Smoke Hollow.
From the start to the end, we discussed how to use Smoke Hollow Electric Smoker. Follow the Smoke Hollow electric smoker manual we included to operate the unit properly.
Besides, don’t forget to maintain the cleaning tips & safety tips to use the electric smoker for a long time.
Now, it’s up to you.
Do you have any questions about this term to know? If yes, don’t hesitate to let us know by stopping in the comment box.