Kozy World Heater problems include ignition issues, pilot lights not staying lit, heater shutting off, burner backfiring, yellow flame during combustion, whistling or clicking noise, unusual odor, powder forming inside the burner box, and more.
Today, we will be discussing easy solutions to your common Kozy heater issues. To know more about them, stick with us throughout the guide.
Kozy World Heater Problems [9 Easy Solutions]
As you already know about the heater problems in brief, let’s proceed towards the solutions.
1. Heater Keeps Shutting Off
Your heater keeps shutting off if the pilot light is clogged, not enough fresh air is reaching the heater, or the line is low in pressure, the heater will stop working.
- Call your local gas line provider and fix your gas pressure.
- Do not block the airway of the heater. Maintain sufficient airflow to avoid further damage.
- Clear the pilot light if it has any clogs.
2. Heater Won’t Stay Lit
Your Kozy world heater won’t stay lit for several reasons. First of all, damaged or clogged orifices are the main culprit behind this issue. The diameter of the orifice can be another issue. Also, low inlet gas pressure can cause the problem.
On top of that, if you block the airway, it will also shut down the heater suddenly. To find the remedy, inspect the problem and walk through the solutions properly.
- Inspect the burner orifice first. If it is clogged, you will have to clean it. Turn off the heater. Then, take a scrub with some cleaning solution. Scrub the orifice until the clog is clear.
- The orifice diameter can be another issue. In such cases, you will have to find the right orifice for your heater.
- If the inlet gas pressure is low, contact your local gas supplier. Ask them to fix the pressure for you. Do not block the airway. Maintain a good airflow for the Kozy World Heater.
3. Heater Ignitor Not Working
The Kozy World Heater ignitor button is responsible for igniting the pilot light. However, if it is broken or disconnected, then your Kozy World heater ignitor can’t ignite. In another case, if the ignition cables are tampered with or loose, then it might be the cause behind it as well.
As for not sparking, it might be an issue with the gas supply or the control knob. Either way, here are the solutions to both problems.
- Inspect the ignitor and the ignition cable. Connect the ignitor properly. Change the ignitor if necessary. Inspect the cable for any possible leak or burn. Change the cable if necessary.
- First, make sure that you have the right supply of gas. Sometimes the gas control valve is not turned on. Turn it on to have a proper gas flow. Now, check the control knobs. Press and hold the control knob during ignition. If there is air inside the gas line, press and hold the control knob for some time. It will release the air.
4. Heater Pilot Light Won’t Stay Lit
You need to press and hold the control knob long enough to ignite the pilot lights. Otherwise, your Kozy Wolrd heater pilot light won’t stay lit. However, a damaged or misplaced thermocouple connection can be another reason for the problem.
- Press and hold the control knob for at least 30 seconds. Also, make sure that the knob is pressed fully.
- Inspect the thermocouple connection properly. Tighten the connection by hand at first. When it is tightened properly, turn it ¼ times more.
5. Burner Backfiring During Combustion
A defective orifice, damaged burner, or malfunctioning gas regulator can cause a backfire during combustion. It can be very dangerous. Find a remedy by following the said solutions ASAP.
- Clear the clogged burner orifice. If it is damaged, then change the orifice. Contact customer service to get a new burner orifice.
- Normally the gas regulator doesn’t get damaged. However, if the regulator is damaged, then you will have to replace the regulator. Contact your local technician to replace the regulator for you.
6. Heater Making Whistling or Clicking Noise
Usually, clicking noise occurs because of the expansion of the metal components. You see, metal expands when it heats. So, when you turn on the heater, the metal components expand and make noises. However, if you hear whistling noises, then it might be an issue. Either the gas way has air trapped in it. Follow the solution to find a fitting cure.
- Turn on the burner and let the gas flow for some time. It will release the trapped air and the burner will stop whistling.
7. Unusual Odor From Heater
Whether the heater is burning the vaporizing substance or the gas is leaking, you will smell the usual odor. Follow the said solutions to find a fitting fix.
- Remove all the vaporizing substances like paint, burnishes, and other materials to avoid a funny odor. The heater burns down these vapors, and you smell the odor.
- Now, smelling gas is not a good thing. Maybe it’s the defective control valve or high gas pressure, you will have to fix it right away. Now, contact a certified technician to find the problem and fix that for you.
8. Yellow Flame During Combustion
Yellow flame can occur if your gas inlet pressure is too low. Also, it can happen if your heater is not feeding enough air. The defective gas regulator can also restrict the flow.
- Maintain sufficient distance from the heater so that you are not blocking the airway.
- Call your local gas provider to ensure proper gas pressure.
- Call a trained technician to replace the damaged gas regulator to avoid unwanted accidents.
9. White Powder Forming Inside the Burner Box
The powder can form for several reasons. But, the main reason is vaporizing substances. Wax, paints, hairsprays, and furniture burnishes can vaporize and clot around the heater.
- Remove all the vaporizing substances from the room to avoid such a problem. However, try not to use the heater if you have newly burnished or painted furniture and walls.
Note: Clean and maintain your heater always. It will keep your heater in good condition.
What is the heating radius of the Kozy World Heater?
The heating radius of a Kozy World Heater is around 25 sq. ft. It can heat a regular size room quite comfortably.
Is Kozy Wall Heater Safe?
Ventless Wall heaters are safe. Kozy Wall heater comes with an ODS or Oxygen Depletion sensor that senses the Oxygen level of your room. It will shut itself down if the level goes near 18%.
How much propane does Kozy Wall heater use?
A Kozy World Propane Heater uses a maximum of 30,000 BTU.
This ultimate guide with your Kozy World heater covers all the issues regarding your heater. With these solutions, you can now easily fix your Kozy World heater problems all by yourself. If you still face other issues, reach us out and our team of experts will help you.
Till then, share your thoughts, suggestions, and heater problems in the comment section down below. Stay safe and stay warm!