Struggling with your Superstor indirect water heater problems? Don’t worry. You are not alone. Many people are struggling with the same issues. That’s the reason, today, we will tell you all about the Superstor indirect water heater problems and their simple solutions.
So, let’s learn…
Table of Contents
9 Common Superstor Indirect Water Heater Problems & Solutions
You know that Superstor Indirect Water Heaters are manufactured using the updated modern technology. Yet, you may face a few troubles while using your Superstor water heater like other water heaters. Here are the 9 common problems and their easy solutions for you:
Problem 1: Water Heating Related Problems
It is a common issue with Superstor indirect water heater. Behind the problem, some causes are responsible which are given below:
- Abnormality in heating elements or thermostat problem or absence of electricity
- Too much higher setting of thermostat
- At first, pin down the problem area
- Check out the switch whether it is on or not
- Switch off the water source before heating water
- Change the thermostat if needed
- If you can not point out the issue, you can contact with an expert to solve it
Problem 2: Water Staining
Stained water may be found due to many reasons which are as follows:
- The abnormal function of anode is responsible for staining water
- Corrosion in the tank
- Development of scale in anywhere of the heater
- Entry of sediment into the outlet of the heater
- Replace the tank
- To solve the anode-related issue, replace the anode
- Replace the heater if required
- If you can’t identify the problem, consult with the expert
Problem 3: Making of Unwanted Noise
Sometimes the heater creates an unwanted level of noise. The reasons behind this noise are:
- Development of sediment on the heater.
- Sediment in the tank that creates cracking, rumble, and slamming sounds through different parts of the heater
- High pressure or leakage in the tank is another reason
- Clean the tank maintaining a specific schedule
- You can clean the heater if needed
- Flush the sediment where it develops
- If you can’t solve the problem yourself, then take help from a professional
Problem 4: Leakage of Water
It is a common and simple problem. But you should solve it immediately, otherwise, the ball will go out of the coat. Well, the causes of this water leaking are:
- Leakage in the water tank or pipeline
- Problems in the valve(jamming or any fault)
- Excessive pressure-related issues
- Loose connection of the heating source
- Find out the leaking pipe and replace it
- If there is a loose fitting in heating element, you must tighten it
- Repair the tank if there is any leakage or other issues
- Clean the valve or replace it to solve uncontrolled pressure related problem if required
Problem 5: Producing Bad Smell
Sometimes, there may be the extension of a bad smell in the water. It seems like a rotten egg. The causes of the smell are:
- Due to the presence of bacteria, a terrible smell may develop
- The water of the well may contain a bad odor
- Boil the water at a high temperature to kill bacteria
- Or, bleach the water with chlorinated bleaching powder
- Replace the declined anode rod if those techniques are not effective
Problem 6:Inner Tank Leaking
The inner tank can start leaking for some heating issues which is very rare to happen. But in some cases, this problem happens.
- Can leak in paddles, or any other sections in the inner tank
- The tank surface may have leakage during assembling
- There also can cause from some unwanted issues
- Need to change the whole water tank. There is no alternative
Problem 7: Bad Heating Element
There are supposed to be two types of heating elements in every water heater. This might cause problems or failure. The main causes of the bad heating elements are:
- The motor doesn’t work properly
- The element can be bad for any other reason
- Turning off the heater, change the whole element meter and circuit
- Then see the heater action
Problem 8: Bad Gas Valve
Every water heater contains a gas valve. Sometimes by default, the gas valve can get damaged. It can bring a risk of spreading gas everywhere and lighten up everything. So, in such a case, try to find out the reasons behind it and solve the issue ASAP. The reasons are:
- The wrong temperature setting of the gas valve
- Gas tube gets damaged
- Set the right temperature in the heater
- Check the gas meter is turning on correctly
- Fix valve tubes if they don’t work
- Finally if nothing works, change the gas valve.
Problem 9: Bad Mixing Valve
If you find the cold and hot water are getting mixed and you are not getting perfect hot water, then check the following reasons:
- The hot and cold water valve get damaged.
- Water valve does not work properly that get mix two types of water
- Hot water gets come from the wrong valve
- Or, both of the valves don’t work at all
- Check the water temperature first
- If the valve is a problem, call the plumber and fix it
- The valve might wreck in the tap. If it happens, change it properly
5 Things To Do To Keep The Superstor Indirect Water Heater Perfect
Like every other device, a superstar indirect water heater also requires proper maintenance. Below we will discuss five maintenance so that you can keep your Superstor indirect water heater device in good condition.
Here are five things you can do:
Checking the Bottom Part of the Heater Regularly:
The heater normally leaks from the condensation of the bottom. The insulating material discharges through a gasket or a small amount of water overflow through a pipe.
The T&P valve can release excess pressure into the tank. If the tank leaks, it has only one solution that is a replacement of the heater. So, check the bottom part of the heater regularly. If there is any default or leakage, repair it immediately to check the issue from being major.
To prevent leakage, clean the area regularly from the very beginning.
Check Watercolor & Replace the Anode Regularly:
Sometimes rusty hot water may be found. It is often a sign of erosion of anode rod or tank. So, check the anode regularly and replace it if needed. It will help you to get always clean water.
Checking of Noise Level:
The water heater can make popping, bang, hissing, cock, or any other type of odd sound. It occurs either because of building scale on heating elements or too much poly in the tank’s bottom.
The normal sound of your heater is nothing to be worried about as it’s not harmful. But if the sound is abnormal, you should always pay attention because it is an indicator of some issues. Regular checking will help you to sort out the problem and solve it.
Observation of Normal Water Flow :
Water enters and leaves the heater. The water pressure limits the automatic way. By installing ¾ inch piping, you can improve water flow.
Sediment, calcium accumulation, and rust inside your plumbing can contribute to less hot water pressure. That’s why the flow will hamper. By regular observation of the water flow, you can understand those issues easily.
Inspect the Temperature of Water :
Due to some other reasons, the water will not heat properly. Those reasons are fault in components, loose wiring, too small size tank, etc. So, if you check the water temperature regularly, you can fix those problems and prevent them to create any complications.
Well, it’s clear that if you can take care of those points, you can avoid or fix the Superstor indirect water heater problems easily. Plus, regular monitoring will also help you to keep the heater in good condition always.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long do indirect water heaters last?
The longevity of the indirect water heater depends on many factors. Most of them here seem to be lasting at the top of 15 to 20 years. But in very rare cases, it can last up to 30 years.
Are indirect water heaters more efficient?
Yes, indirect water heaters are the most efficient components for homes, although they do need capacity tanks.
Do I need to flush my indirect water heater?
Of course, you need to flush the indirect water heater. Flushing can improve the life and productivity of sediment in a water heater. You can save cash and heat your water more if you flush the sediment from your water heater.
You may often face Superstor indirect water heater problems. As now you know how to fix the common problems with your Superstor heater, you can solve them whenever you face the issues.
Note: If you are also owning an Amtrol indirect water heater, you can read the Amtrol indirect water heater Troubleshooting guide.