Whalen Electric Fireplaces often face issues like fireplace not turning on, not heating, fireplace not staying lit, flame effects not working, loud clicking sound, display or remote not working, and so on.
You might have been facing such issues lately. But, don’t worry, our Whalen Electric Fireplace Troubleshooting Guide has got you covered. By reading our guide, you will be able to fix the issues in no time. So, stay tuned to know more.
Whalen Electric Fireplace Troubleshooting [7 Easy Solutions]
As you are aware of the problems, let’s move on to the solutions. These simple solutions will make your electric fireplace good as new.
1. Fireplace Not Turning On
It is perhaps one of the silliest problems. This can happen for two possible reasons.
- The unit is not plugged in
- The electric fireplace is not getting enough power
But, don’t panic, the solution is easy. Just follow any of these solutions. And you will get the job done.
Plug-In: Make sure that your fireplace is plugged into the power outlet. Once it is plugged in, press the power button from the control panel. Your fireplace will turn on.
Ensure 120 Volts: The unit needs a standard power outlet of 120-volts. US households usually come with the standard power configuration. If all goes right, you will have your fireplace working.
2. Fireplace Not Heating
The primary reason might be the room temperature. Other reasons include power failure or the heater condition. Nonetheless, go through the following solutions to troubleshoot the fireplace.
- The temperature sensor senses the room temperature. So, adjust the heater temperature to make it work. Exceeding the room temperature will turn on the heater.
- If it is still not working. Turn the heater on and off several times. It will reboot the system and your fireplace will heat again.
- Make sure that the toggle switch of the heater is set to ‘O’. It will work just fine from onwards.
3. Fireplace Lights Up, But Won’t Stay Lit
Your fireplace won’t light because of the faulty connection. The flaw is either in your outlet or inside the panel. Follow the possible solutions:
- First, ensure that the power outlet provides 120 volts of electricity. Check the plug connections.
- Open the back panel and look for loose wires or fallen fuses. Fix the wires if found any. Make sure that the back panel gets enough airflow to cool down.
4. Fireplace Flame Effect Not Working
Flame Effect malfunction is a common scenario in Whalen Electric Fireplace troubleshooting. However, the reason is the flame spindle. It falls off, resulting in the malfunction. The solution is very simple.
Open the back panel. You will find a spindle motor. Notice that the spindle has fallen off the motor. All you need to do is to place that in place and you are good to go!
5. Fireplace Clicking Sound
It is pretty natural for your electric fireplace to make clicking sounds. As the heater turns on, the metal components tend to heat up and expand. Thus making those sounds. But, the fireplace clicking sound might be an issue if it stays longer than a few minutes. This is because of the debris trapped inside the motor. Here is the solution to the problem.
Clean the blower motor. First, open the back panel. Find the blower motor. Then, take a vacuum cleaner and clean the entire motor. After you are done cleaning, close up the panel and turn on the heater. It will take time to heat up, might also click a few. Nonetheless, you will no longer hear the loud clicking noises.
6. Display Unit Not Working
The display unit will face issues if the electric fireplace faces connectivity issues. You will get rid of this problem by troubleshooting the unit. Here is how you troubleshoot your Whalen Electric Fireplace.
Turn off the fireplace and pull the plug out. Leave the fireplace for five minutes. After that, plug it in and turn it on. Your electric fireplace is good to go.
7. Remote Control Not Working
The majority of the Whalen Electric Fireplace comes with a remote control nowadays. However, your Whalen Electric Fireplace remote might not work for several reasons. Dead batteries are the most common flaw in such cases.
Weak or dead batteries restrict the remote from working properly. Replace the batteries if you are facing such problems.
Precautions While Troubleshooting
You need to take some precautions before performing any solutions. Small details can save you from big accidents. So, please follow the precautions:
- Always unplug the electric fireplace before working on it
- Make sure that there are no naked wires inside the panel
- Cooldown the heating unit completely before opening the panel
- Make sure to maintain a safe distance while the fireplace is turned on
- Always clean fireplace blower and other components before using the fireplace after a long time
- Do not restrict the airway of the heater panel
- Avoid keeping the electric fireplace turned on overnight
How do you reset a Whalen Electric Fireplace?
First, turn off the fireplace and pull the plug out from the outlet. Leave it for 5 minutes. It will reset your electric fireplace.
Can a Fireplace overheat?
Restricted airways can overheat your electric fireplace. It can burn down the components as well as the heating unit. So, avoid anything that can block your air passages.
Why is my electric fireplace blowing cold air?
It is normal for an electric fireplace to blow cold air in the beginning. It is because the heater takes time to heat up. If the air is still cold after several minutes, then check the heating unit properly.
Can I repair my Whalen Electric Fireplace?
You can repair your Whalen electric fireplace. Some parts are available online. However, the parts may cost you a good amount of money.
What is the lifespan of an electric fireplace?
An electric fireplace normally works for 20 years. Some might last a bit longer with great care and maintenance.
We hope that our Ultimate Guide to Whalen Electric Fireplace Troubleshooting will solve your issues. But, if you still face any other problems, we got your back.
Reach out to us and our expert team will solve your problem in no time. Also, share your thoughts in the comment section down below.