The most common problems of Yoder Smoker include not igniting, not heating up, keeps turning off, fan not working. Also, users face some of the other problems like auger not working and blank display.
Don’t go anywhere if you are troubled with any of the above issues. Our comprehensive guide on Yoder Smoker Troubleshooting will surely help you to break down the problem. So, without getting late, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Yoder Smoker Troubleshooting [7 Easy Solutions]
- 1. Yoder Smoker Won’t Light/Ignite
- 2. Yoder Smoker Not Heating Up
- 3. Yoder Smoker Keeps Turning Off
- 4. Smoker Fan Not Working
- 5. Yoder Smoker Auger Not Working
- 6. Smoker Grease Leakage
- 7. Yoder Smoker Display Not Working
- Can we grill on a Yoder pellet smoker?
- Is a Yoder worth the money?
- Final Verdict:
Yoder Smoker Troubleshooting [7 Easy Solutions]
Here you will get a complete solution to each of the problems. All of those are effective and quick working. Scroll down to learn in-depth.
1. Yoder Smoker Won’t Light/Ignite
It is the most common problem in almost every smoker. It is also seen that other components of the smoker are properly working but there is a lighting issue. There are several reasons for occurring such kind of issue. Some of the main reasons are:
- Internal electrical wires might get burnt
- Incorrect battery placement
- Dead or corroded batteries
- Blocked igniters
- Defective hot rod igniter
- Faulty or low air flowing
Don’t worry. You also can fix this mini problem by following the below steps:
- First of all, turn off the smoker.
- Make sure that all the compartments of the ignite as well cleaned. A dirty smoker is the main culprit for not lighting or igniting.
- Clean the electrode properly.
- Check the venting system and make sure there are no obstacles.
- Now come to the igniter. If it is damaged or corroded, it’s better to replace it.
- In the case of a faulty hot rod igniter, replace it. While igniting, reassemble it correctly.
- Finally, check the battery. If it is dead, you have to replace it ASAP.
2. Yoder Smoker Not Heating Up
Not heating up is also in the row of the most common problems in Yoder smokers. It is related to the temperature issue of the unit. There are also several reasons behind this issue. Have a glimpse at all of them before moving through fixing procedures:
- Excessive food placing
- The door of the smoker is opened
- Using larger pans
- Firepot is full of ashes
- Blocked fans
- Lack of airflow
- Faulty hot rod igniter
- Clogged temperature sensor
- Wrong placement of pellets.
Now let’s go through the solving points:
- Start by cleaning the firepot. Remove all placed ashes from there.
- Now, unblock the temperature sensor.
- Don’t forget to check the fan as well. If it is dirty clean the blades properly.
- If the hot igniter is corroded or damaged, replace it.
- Place the pellets in the hopper correctly.
- While smoking, always uses a medium size that is not blocked the airflow from the smoker.
- Close the door tightly.
- Try not to open the smoker lid frequently.
3. Yoder Smoker Keeps Turning Off
Yoder smoker users often face this kind of issue in the unit. This problem identifies the power problem mainly. When there is an insufficient power supply, the smoker keeps shutting off or won’t turn on. Also, blown fuse, insufficient pellet in the hopper, and low-quality pellets trigger this issue. Sometimes, dirty temperature sensors and blocked firepot by ashes won’t let the smoker turn on.
Let’s have a look at our details suggested procedures:
- Start by checking the power system from the circuit board and power cable.
- Replace the blown fuses if there are any have. If needed, reset the tripped circuit board.
- But before that, don’t forget to turn off and disconnect the unit.
- If the power is all okay, check the hopper. Place sufficient pellets there. Use A1 class pellets for evenly burning.
- Now clean your appliance properly. Especially make sure that the firepot and temperature sensor is dirt-free.
4. Smoker Fan Not Working
The fan problem is quite common to every smoker. Don’t get in hassle if you are facing such an issue. We are going to clear the matter and include all possible solving methods. But you should know the reason first:
- Clogged fan blades with grease.
- Wires might be worn out or cracked.
- Overused of smokers
Here are the effective solving procedures:
- First of all, turn off the unit.
- Then unscrew the smoker and inspect the fan.
- Clean the fan blades first.
- Then, revolute the fan blades twice or more with your fingers. If it is jammed or cracked, don’t get late to replace it.
5. Yoder Smoker Auger Not Working
There are various reasons behind this issue. The first one is a blocked auger system. Also, a defective auger or damaged wires lead to this issue. In some cases, the faulty auger itself is the main culprit for occurring this problem. For your convenience, we have included the solving procedures as well.
- At first, turn off the smoker and disconnect it.
- Then, remove the metal shelf of the smoker.
- Then remove the pellets from the hopper.
- Unscrew the side panel and inspect the auger system.
- Clean the jammed auger first and remove all the obstructions from it.
- Verify all the wires are well working.
- Then, check the auger motor. If it is defective, replace it.
6. Smoker Grease Leakage
The main reason for leaking grease from your smoker is the improper maintenance of the appliance. If you are not cleaning the unit for so long, it is normal to build up grease and start leaking. Sometimes, unstable flame boiler, wrong installation of the smoker, not using drip bucket, full of steel bucket also lead to this issue.
To prevent grease leaking from the smoker, follow the below steps:
- Make sure you are cleaning your smoker periodically.
- It would be better to clean after 4 or 5 times cooking.
- If you are wrapping the boiler with foil, do it properly, and there should be no gap.
- Place the smoker on an even surface.
- Also, make sure that the shield deflector slots are lined up correctly.
- Attach the bucket correctly to hold up the grease. Also, replace it when it becomes too full.
7. Yoder Smoker Display Not Working
In several Yoder models, you will see the blank display at various times. A defective GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) or circuit breaker is the main culprit for causing this problem. Also, by producing excessive heat over the unit, the display will stop working.
- First, turn off the smoker and unplug it.
- Then check out the circuit breaker. Replace the breaker if it is damaged.
- If needed, replace the GFCI as well.
- Sometimes, you need to replace the complete when there is severe damage.
Can we grill on a Yoder pellet smoker?
Yoder pellet smoker is such a smoker which can be used versatile. One can do barbecue, roast, and grill besides smoking. You will get the best flavor whatever you are doing there.
Is a Yoder worth the money?
Yoder smoker is a far better appliance with quality features. All the internal materials used in the smoker are high-quality that provide the best result. Though it is a bit pricy, it worth the money.
Hopefully, our comprehensive discussion has become informative enough to you, and you could successfully fix your smoker’s issue.
If still, you have any queries, ask us through a comment. We will give our level best to relay to you ASAP.