Duraflame Heater can face problems. For instance, you might see ER and E3 error codes flashing on top of the display panel. This can happen for heater overheating and loose connections.
Duraflame Heater flashing ER and E3 codes require troubleshooting. In such cases, you will need some expert help. For that, our experts are here to save your day! Stay tuned throughout the article to know more!
Table of Contents
- Duraflame Heater Flashing ER and E3 [Solved]
- 1. ER Error Code Reason and Troubleshooting
- 2. E3 Error Code Reason and Troubleshooting
- How To Reset Your Duraflame Heater
- Do Duraflame Heaters consume a lot of electricity?
- Can you find Duraflame Heater parts?
- Why is your Duraflame Heater not working?
- Is there any Reset Button in the Duraflame Heater?
- How do you set the thermostat of the Duraflame Heater?
- Is Duraflame Heaters safe?
- Can you keep your Duraflame Heater on all night?
- Final Thoughts
Duraflame Heater Flashing ER and E3 [Solved]
As you have witnessed, ER and E3 error codes will flash in your Duraflame Heater for the said reasons. Now, let’s move on to the troubleshooting segments.
1. ER Error Code Reason and Troubleshooting
ER error code will flash on your Duraflame Heater Panel if the plug is not connected. Sometimes, this can happen when the cord is loosely connected to your wall socket. It might be wobbly as well.
This can create a malfunction in the system. Also, sparks can generate near the plug and damage it from the outside. Follow the solutions mentioned below to find a remedy.
- Check the connection properly. If the plug is not pressed all the way in, connect it properly.
- If the cord is overheated, disconnect the heater and leave it for five minutes. Perform a reset maneuver.
- Make sure that your heater is getting enough power from the wall socket. It usually requires 120 V. Regular household wall outlets come with the said power requirement.
- In some cases, you might not be able to fix the issue even after a hard reset. In such cases, call Duraflame Support Center or a certified technician for further support.
2. E3 Error Code Reason and Troubleshooting
Sometimes your Duraflame Heater can get overheated. It can then trigger the manual heat reset protection protocol. When it is triggered, the heater shuts off and stops working. Also, the error code ‘E3’ will flash on the screen. Follow the instruction properly to prevent as well as fix the issue.
- Your Duraflame Heater will require a manual reset. Go to the dedicated section for Manual reset and follow the instructions.
- Do not restrict the natural airflow of the heater to prevent such malfunction in the future.
How To Reset Your Duraflame Heater
Resetting your Duraflame Heater is easy. All you need to do is to follow the said procedure. Do NOT skip any of the steps!
- First, turn off the Duraflame heater using the Duraflame remote.
- Then, pull out the plug from the wall socket.
- Let the Duraflame heater cool itself.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes. You might have to wait a bit longer if the heater is overheated.
- Put the plug back in and turn the Duraflame Heater on.
Do Duraflame Heaters consume a lot of electricity?
Many consumers have reported that their monthly electricity bill for their Duraflame Heater is roughly around 30 USD. However, they have been using their Duraflame heaters for 4 hours a day. You can calculate your bills by using this ratio.
Can you find Duraflame Heater parts?
Lucky for you, Duraflame Heater parts are available online. You can also contact your dealer for additional components. You can also order from eBay or other websites.
Why is your Duraflame Heater not working?
Some issues might be affecting your Duraflame Heater. Inspect the problem first and then find a fitting solution. Anyways, a reset can also do the fixing for you. Follow the procedure from the reset section.
Is there any Reset Button in the Duraflame Heater?
No, there is no dedicated button for reset in your Duraflame Heater. In cases where you might need resetting, you will have to manually reset the Duraflame Heater.
How do you set the thermostat of the Duraflame Heater?
You can set the thermostat from the panel. The remote can either turn on or off your Duraflame heater. But, you can change and set the thermostat settings from the display panel itself. Hold the thermostat button for 3 seconds to set the reading in Celcius or Fahrenheit. You can increment by 1 Degree Celcius or 2 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Is Duraflame Heaters safe?
Yes, electric heaters like Duraflame Heaters are safe. However, you will have to maintain a safe distance from the heater. Make sure that the heater has proper ventilation. Do not use it for long hours.
Can you keep your Duraflame Heater on all night?
It is not ideal for a heater to operate throughout the night. Always turn off your Duraflame Heater before going to bed.
Now, as you have learned the troubleshooting process for Duraflame Heater flashing ER and E3 error codes, you can fix your Duraflame Heater in no time!
You may face other issues with your heater. In that case, reach out in the comment sections with your problems. Our experts are always here for your help. Lastly, let us know your thoughts, and stay safe!