Like other appliances, the water heater is also a device. So, facing Vaughn water heater problems after using many years is simple. It starts malfunctioning over time due to inappropriate care or by regular wear & tear.
For instance, water heaters not heating, water too hot or too cool are some routine problems of a heater. Here in this article, we will focus on Vaughn water heater problems, their possible causes, and the solution as well. It will help not to replace your water heater and save your pocket. So, without further ado, let’s begin.
5 Common Vaughn Water Heater Problems, Possible Causes & Solution
This chapter will let you learn the common issues and the reasons behind those problems of the Vaughn Water Heater. Plus, we will also cover the solution of those water heater puzzles.
Problem 1: Vaughn Water Heater Not Heating
Multiple reasons are responsible for this issue, including:
- You don’t turn the switch on.
- Improper wiring
- No power or blown fuse due to circuit overload, inappropriate wiring
- The controller is malfunctioning
- Loose wire connection
- Turn the switch on
- Check the wiring diagram
- Use a standard circuit breaker
- Replace the controller
- Establish a secure wire connection
Problem 2: Not Enough Hot Water
Your water heater will not provide enough hot water because-
- You don’t install a proper size heater.
- The element of the heater starts malfunctioning or gets damaged.
- The controller of your heater malfunctions.
- Make sure you install the right size heater.
- Replacing the element will be your best trait.
- Reset the default setting or change it.
Problem 3: Water Too Hot or Too Cool
Faulty controller setting and others are responsible for this water heater issue.
- You set the controller to its highest or lowest setting.
- Fail to replace the insulation around the elements.
- Unusual control reading
- Set the controller according to your need.
- Place the insulation accurately.
- Replace the control or adjust it
Problem 4: Error Code “ETC-H2O, F-01, or F-02”
For the following reasons, your Vaughn water heater displays the error codes.
- There is a problem with the temperature sensor issue.
- Maybe the controller sensor is also faulty.
- Replace your heater temperature probe or check the wire connection.
- Change the controller sensor as well.
Problem 5: Error Codes “F-03, F-04, or F-05”
When the water heater shows F-03, it means there is a problem with the top element or an issue with the controller output. While the F-04 will let you learn about the problem of the bottom element. On other hand, if your heater shows F-05, know both the top element and the bottom element are malfunctioning.
To get rid of these issues, replace the top element or the bottom element. Also, ensure the wire connection is secure.
Are Vaughn water heaters good?
Some users complain that it installed the unit back in 2010 and the band hasn’t replace it yet. The worst case is- Vaughn official’s website never mentions it on their site though they offer 10 years of warranty. So, be careful when picking a water heater from Vaughn.
How long do Vaughn water heaters last?
Vaughn water heaters last for 28 years.
What is the most common problem with water heaters?
Water heaters don’t heat the water enough is a common problem of a water heater. However, you can overcome this issue by adjusting the thermostat.
What are the signs of a water heater going bad?
The signs that let you know that your water heater is going bad are:
- Water leaking
- Not produce enough hot water
- Make noise
- Deliver cloudy or rusty water
Who makes Vaughn water heaters?
Vaughn Thermal Corporation makes Vaughn water heaters.
What trips the reset button on a hot water heater?
A bad thermostat, loose wire connection, the elements are responsible for tripping the reset button on a hot water heater.
How much does it cost to replace a 40-gallon water heater?
It costs you between $400-$900 to replace a new 40-gallon water heater if it comes with a tank. On the other hand, a tankless water heater will take around $1470-$2510.
From the beginning to the end, we discussed Vaughn water heater problems and the reasons behind them. To get rid of the issues, we also covered what initiatives you should take.
If you fail to solve the problems after following the tips we provided, we recommend you contact the Vaughn support team.